There are newer employer reviews for Edwards Lifesciences

Manager thought he was very intelligent, but many would like to tell him otherwise.

I have been working at Edwards Lifesciences full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Company does a great job taking care of their people. Benefits are very good and if you move into a management position the pay is great also. The R&D folks work hard, from what I observed and innovation is fostered.

Cons

There are many inexperienced people promoted at this company. With this, there are many directors, but not enough worker bees to get everything done. The company is heavily populated with engineers, but many of them are contracted. The company has a tendency to have good sized layoffs starting every fall, this includes contracted workers and permanent employees. As with many companies, there are way too many repetitive meetings and people who are afraid to make a decision. Most likely due to the inexperience.

Advice to Management

Hire more Business Minded people and those who are intimate with the FDA for Regulatory/Quality positions.

reviews filtered by

Good company culture to work in

I have been working at Edwards Lifesciences

Pros

Love how the company is trying to be conservative and environmental-friendly... the park, gym, basketball court, volleyball, cafeteria! Everyone is nice and helpful, never have I seen rude employees, good job HR!

Cons

Company uses third party hiring firm for which they take a percentage off the paycheck.. I could've made more with direct-hire by Edwards than be contracted through this firm, but I know there's a hiring limit per department.

Advice to Management

In my department, it's kind of disorganized in terms of files, both hard copy and digital. There needs to be better management of placing files into proper folders on the network.

Very innovative company with a highly dynamic CEO

I have been working at Edwards Lifesciences full-time

Pros

Products, CEO, People, Corporate Office ,Purpose

Cons

Culture is counterproductive leading to in-fighting, posturing and job dissatisfaction.

Advice to Management

Take a closer look at BU leadership. Create a culture of fostering a positive environment where there is true collaboration and not one of internal competition.

There are newer employer reviews for Edwards Lifesciences