There are newer employer reviews for Efficient Frontier

Some get rewards but most don't

Former Employee - Account Manager in Sunnyvale, CA
Former Employee - Account Manager in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Efficient Frontier

Pros

I wanted a chance to work at a great Search Engine Marketing company because of Efficient Frontiers good reputation. Unfortunately after a promising start after meeting so many nice people I realized that it was not that different to other Search agencies.

Cons

There was a large amount of politics and managers took credit for hard working staff's good work and also blamed their teams when things went wrong. Unless you were one of the small selection of favorites, the only way to get a raise or promoted was stick around for years and years and just do all the work that was given to you. So be prepared for a lot of long hours. Was a lot of staff leaving in the months before I left.

To listen to other staff and not just the favorites and give people a reason to want to stay by giving them fair reward for work.

reviews filtered by
  1. Great company with lots of potential

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Efficient Frontier

Pros

The vision that EF is execting on is great and very interesting. The team is great and the management team is good at listening and communicating. The technology and the work is very interesting. EF is building a solid platform that will combine search, display and social and its very exciting to work in the environment.

Cons

Lots of work. Can't hire fast enough. Product is very strong and the company needs to market it to more people.

Keep executing on the big vision of combining search, display and social. Hire faster.

2. Summer

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Efficient Frontier

Pros

Only a summer glimpse - a great place from what I saw. Employees really know their stuff, and the technology behind the product really works. And everyone is really friendly!

Cons

If you were stuck there with no car then the only food option would be in the cafeteria, which is good although a little expensive. Some of the work is pretty Excel intensive, so tedious at times.

Efficient Frontier is going down a good path and is expanding rapidly. Take care of everyone and have more picnics!

There are newer employer reviews for Efficient Frontier