There are newer employer reviews for Egon Zehnder

Experience depends on office and practice

I worked at Egon Zehnder

Pros

Great exposure to executive resume assessment, instills attention to detail and strong work ethic. Lots of comradery between research analysts and associates.

Cons

Little appreciation of research, variable experience based on which consultants you work with, no career path for research to move up, research management is incestuous and stagnant

Advice to Management

Standardize consultant's approach to research organization, make path for researchers to become consultants

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great Company!

Former Intern - Research Analyst Intern in Dallas, TX
    Former Intern - Research Analyst Intern in Dallas, TX

I worked at Egon Zehnder as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture at Egon Zehnder is fantastic. Consultants and analysts at different offices around the world work together in order to deliver optimal results to clients. The internship experience at the firm is absolutely phenomenal and one of the best professional experiences I have ever had. The firm invests significant time and money to integrate the interns into the firm and provides extensive training which I really appreciated. I also enjoyed the wide range of tasks and projects I was assigned and all the incredibly intelligent people with whom I had the opportunity to interact.

Cons

At times I disagreed with the research approach of several team members on projects, but am unsure as to how specific that is to Egon Zehnder and not simply the consulting field in general.

Advice to Management

I think creating a greater bridge between the research analyst and consultant positions at the firm in terms of client-site interaction and responsibility would allow for significantly greater talent retention at the research analyst level.

2. Great firm

Current Employee - Partner
    Current Employee - Partner

I have been working at Egon Zehnder full-time

Pros

Good values. At the core, they do try hard to care about people. The least transactional of all the big search firms. Global footprint and good exposure to global work. . Smart people. Very service oriented internally and externally,

Cons

Lots of cliques similar to high school. A popularity contest. Inward focused. Leadership and cultures have wide variance by office and practice group. Varied degrees of transparency. Frugal.

Advice to Management

Build greater leadership consistency across offices and practice groups. Shift from popularity to more weight on results. Invest more in strategic growth rather than exclusively organic. More aggressively broaden services beyond acquisition.