Egon Zehnder

www.egonzehnder.com
  www.egonzehnder.com
There are newer employer reviews for Egon Zehnder

Well-regarded firm but the place does not live up to the promise.

Former Employee - Consultant
Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at Egon Zehnder

Pros

* Strong brand (outside USA)
* High quality assignments
* Global training program
* High remuneration
* Variety of assignments

Cons

* Very political: the promise of "one firm" is not delivered as everyone tries to feather their own nest
* Lockstep remuneration: pay is based on tenure not merit: senior partners "cruise"
* Consultants ("pre-partners") bring in 10x what they are paid ie would get paid more in other firms
* Totally subjective performance review system
* No client satisfaction surveys
* Almost unknown brand in the US

Remove some of the office leaders who bring in work but don't care about developing their people.

64 Other Employee Reviews for Egon Zehnder (View Most Recent)

Big impact of work

I have been working at Egon Zehnder

Pros

- Work is around senior executives of big companies, so big impact.
    - Global collaboration and support makes work interesting.

Cons

- conservative and traditional. Internal promotions are limited within consultants or within support staff, virtually no cross-class opportunities.

Obama is a good president, even though he did not have the classical track record.

Sustained positive experience of 25+ years

Former Employee - Partner in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Partner in New York, NY

I worked at Egon Zehnder full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I have worked as a consultant for Egon Zehnder International for over 25 years until my retirement, the bulk of which was as a Partner. For me the firm has provided a perfect career opportunity to grow from a novice search consultant to a seasoned professional. I got a chance to work with, learn from, and absorb the value system of global, extremely collaborative, client service oriented Partnership, made up of some of the smartest people I have ever worked with. The firm has been more consistent in its philosophy, its values and its style than most organizations I have observed.

Cons

The biggest challenge for the firm is the difficulty of maintaining the standards and values propagated by its founder that sustained a small group of handpicked people working together on a ever growing and ever more globalized scale..

Maintain the common core values (across locations psanning all continents) of the firm and the partnership as propagated by Egon for future generations of support staff, consultants and partners.

There are newer employer reviews for Egon Zehnder