Eileen Fisher

There are newer employer reviews for Eileen Fisher

Best experience

Current Employee - Merchandising in New York, NY
Current Employee - Merchandising in New York, NY

I have been working at Eileen Fisher as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Great people, Great work enviornment, challenging work!

Cons

None! It's a great place to work!

Great job!

27 Other Employee Reviews for Eileen Fisher (View Most Recent)

Is it "culture" or just politics?

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at Eileen Fisher

Pros

The company offers more benefits than most that I have heard of in the retail industry. The bonuses and ESOP plan is what really makes the job pay off. Also there is a monthly clothing allowance and 50% discount for all FT employees. As a manager I was able to travel and expense items which was nice as well. .

Cons

The company prides itself on a "culture" that cannot be explained to everyone...they kind of make up the rules as they go. What is fair for 1 person, is not for another. It's more like politics.

Also, if you can't afford the clothes you may not be "accepted' into the ring of elites. Sometimes it's the SM's who have favorites and keep a protective group. At times, I felt as though I had to choose between my rent or a new outfit.

It can be difficult to prioritize what matters most when you reep the benefits of bonuses$$.

Try practicing what you preach - wellness, balance, quality of life. You may not be "an equal opportunity employer" when it comes to those who can't afford to play in your politics. Tak e a closer look at what is happening with your "teams" in the stores - all levels of employees should be treated equallyby your SM's. Seems as though you sacrifice good people and workers to create an "ideal community".

A slow-moving company producing timeless garments.

Former Employee - Assistant Technical Designer in Irvington, NY
    Former Employee - Assistant Technical Designer in Irvington, NY

I worked at Eileen Fisher

Pros

Social responsibility! This is the most inspiring part of working for Elieen Fisher, Inc, and is what makes so many employees proud to come to work every day.

The company is full of friendly, sensitive people.

The work environment is great. There are beautiful buildings both in Irvington, NY, and NYC.

Eileen Fisher is a visionary and it's exciting to work for someone always searching for the next important step for her company and the world.

Cons

Hard to move up in your career.

People can be so sensitive it's hard to be real.

HR believes assistant level employees may stay in the assistant level role for up to 5 years, despite performance. Performance reviews may not accurately reflect an employee's preparedness to move up, because I don't think the company as a whole understands what qualities are crucial for moving someone to the next level.

Strengthening mid-level management would strengthen the overall working of teams. I think that right now many mid-level managers don't understand their purpose on their team. They need a better grasp of their role within their team, within the organization, and how to manage people.

Creating more growth opportunities in order to retain young talent would do a lot towards decreasing what I see as a tendency towards keeping older employees for 20+ years, while not providing incentives for young employees to stay with the company for more than two years.

There are newer employer reviews for Eileen Fisher