There are newer employer reviews for Einstein Bros. Bagels

Good place to work, learned a lot.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, CO
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, CO

I worked at Einstein Bros. Bagels

Pros

Fast paced, challenging, smart people

Cons

Difficult to maintain work\life balance

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Just a Place to Collect a Pay Check

Former Employee - Management in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Management in San Diego, CA

I worked at Einstein Bros. Bagels

Pros

Free Breakfast and Lunch Job

Cons

Communication from upper Management Policys that are vague and ambiguous Upper Management makes lower management responsible for things not in there control. Money not good

Advice to Management

Promote within Pay what your staff is worth Don't make polices that are vague or management does not have control over like missing paper work from an a office space that is in middle of kitchen with no door and place to lock up.

2. Worst company I've ever worked for

Current Employee - Crew/Cashier in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Crew/Cashier in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Einstein Bros. Bagels

Pros

Most stores close around 5pm Employee discount Bi-weekly pay Large staff Free coffee Small shops, easier to clean Average High school job

Cons

By far the worst management of any company I've worked for. Being a large corporation, Einsteins really could not care less about its employees. The only clear goal for the company is cost cutting. Qualiy continues to plummet as executives race to find the cheapest alternatives. Management is cycled through quickly and in 3 years I've had 4 different assistant managers and 4 different general managers, all of which were terminated. Regional corporate hot shots travel store to store preaching the upcoming corporate audits to vastly underpaid staffs. After 4 years I've received a total of $0.75 cents in raises, 25 of which were mandatory due to new minimum wage laws. In the same amount of time a close friend worked at a local grocery store and received a total of $3.75 in raises. Bottomline you do NOT want to work here. You'll be vastly underpaid and overworked.

Advice to Management

Stop treating your employees like corporate slaves. Give your employees their rightfully deserved raises and reimplement the tip policy. Your employees deal with rude customers on a regular basis yet receive no compensation for any of their extra efforts. No other company I've worked for dehumanizes their staff more. Start from scratch and build the future on quality, quality employee treatment and quality food product as well. It costs $0.17 for a bagel, trim the profit margin slightly and invest in quality. Happy employees work better and harder so make them happy.