Einstein Bros. Bagels

One of the best Jobs I have had

Former Employee - General Manager in Phoenix, AZ
Former Employee - General Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Einstein Bros. Bagels

Pros

Pay was great, and most store hours are very reasonable. The company does an excellent job with the service of their equipment. Management reports are very simple and easy to follow and the training manuals are second to none.

Cons

Downsides are minimal, really come down to the early rising. Most openers get there at 3:30am. Other than that, there aren't too many downsides.

My only wish, and it came to being when I left, was that the senior management listen/talk to the GM's and store level employees before implementing certain changes. When I left they actually formed a committee of the most talented GM's as a think tank and that is something they needed.

136 Other Employee Reviews for Einstein Bros. Bagels (View Most Recent)

Just a Place to Collect a Pay Check

Former Employee - Management in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Management in San Diego, CA

I worked at Einstein Bros. Bagels

Pros

Free Breakfast and Lunch
    Job

Cons

Communication from upper Management
    Policys that are vague and ambiguous
    Upper Management makes lower management responsible for things not in there control.
    Money not good

Promote within
    Pay what your staff is worth
    Don't make polices that are vague or management does not have control over like missing paper work from an a office space that is in middle of kitchen with no door and place to lock up.

Worst company I've ever worked for

Current Employee - Crew/Cashier in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Crew/Cashier in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Einstein Bros. Bagels

Pros

Most stores close around 5pm
    Employee discount
    Bi-weekly pay
    Large staff
    Free coffee
    Small shops, easier to clean
    Average High school job

Cons

By far the worst management of any company I've worked for. Being a large corporation, Einsteins really could not care less about its employees. The only clear goal for the company is cost cutting. Qualiy continues to plummet as executives race to find the cheapest alternatives. Management is cycled through quickly and in 3 years I've had 4 different assistant managers and 4 different general managers, all of which were terminated. Regional corporate hot shots travel store to store preaching the upcoming corporate audits to vastly underpaid staffs. After 4 years I've received a total of $0.75 cents in raises, 25 of which were mandatory due to new minimum wage laws. In the same amount of time a close friend worked at a local grocery store and received a total of $3.75 in raises. Bottomline you do NOT want to work here. You'll be vastly underpaid and overworked.

Stop treating your employees like corporate slaves. Give your employees their rightfully deserved raises and reimplement the tip policy. Your employees deal with rude customers on a regular basis yet receive no compensation for any of their extra efforts. No other company I've worked for dehumanizes their staff more. Start from scratch and build the future on quality, quality employee treatment and quality food product as well. It costs $0.17 for a bagel, trim the profit margin slightly and invest in quality. Happy employees work better and harder so make them happy.

There are newer employer reviews for Einstein Bros. Bagels