There are newer employer reviews for Einstein Bros. Bagels

I worked part time and management was flexible with my scheduling, above minimum wage for entry level

Former Employee - Cashier in Indianapolis, IN
Former Employee - Cashier in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

Flexible with Scheduling Above average pay for entry level in industry Good employee discounts; delicious food Easy training program to complete

Cons

The location I worked at was only open from 6 am - 6 pm so getting hours sometimes difficult Very early morning if needed for opening (5 am)

Advice to Management

Hire outside management talent and/or be a little more selective in decision process Work on operational efficiency (We were always throwing away 50+ bagels at the end of the day)

Other Employee Reviews for Einstein Bros. Bagels

1. Very hard work

Former Employee - Shift Manager/Baker in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Shift Manager/Baker in Austin, TX

Pros

- consistent work - nice customers - good food and coffee - decent pay for fast food - incentives

Cons

- ugly uniforms - hard work - bad hours - very busy, at times - executives and district managers are not too good

Advice to Management

- Pay closer attention to promotions, promote women as much as men are promoted, be more fair and open minded.

2. One of the best Jobs I have had

Former Employee - General Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - General Manager in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Pay was great, and most store hours are very reasonable. The company does an excellent job with the service of their equipment. Management reports are very simple and easy to follow and the training manuals are second to none.

Cons

Downsides are minimal, really come down to the early rising. Most openers get there at 3:30am. Other than that, there aren't too many downsides.

Advice to Management

My only wish, and it came to being when I left, was that the senior management listen/talk to the GM's and store level employees before implementing certain changes. When I left they actually formed a committee of the most talented GM's as a think tank and that is something they needed.