There are newer employer reviews for Einstein Bros. Bagels

Bagels Galore

Former Employee - Customer Service in Charlotte, NC
Former Employee - Customer Service in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Einstein Bros. Bagels part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Generous hours, friendly co-workers, employee discount, food prep experience, and flexibility with the weekly schedule were all pros of working at Einstein Bagels.

Cons

The main con was that I didn't feel the pay equaled the amount of work and the intensity of the work. It was very physically demanding and could be a bit overwhelming for anyone who is not used to being on their feet for an 8 hour shift.

I was trained in every position so I was able to be thrown at anything. The management knew how to utilize employees, but they should match pay with experience and ability.

116 Other Employee Reviews for Einstein Bros. Bagels (View Most Recent)

Review of overall company, at all levels

Current Employee - General Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - General Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Einstein Bros. Bagels full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Very corporate, can transfer all over the state without having to quit, opportunity for promotion

Cons

No opportunity for advancement above the General Manager level, unattainable bonus structure, poor HR, salary caps

You need to spend more money building a better HR and benefits department. There needs to be a better organized training structure with incentive and motivational factors for managers. Holiday pay maybe? Developmental road blocks have been very frustrating for me and I wish things would be more "people" friendly for everyone at all levels of the company.

So your store is falling apart, why are you down in sales?

Former Employee - General Manager in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - General Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Einstein Bros. Bagels full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great Hours
    Many Regular Guests
    Amazing Free Coffee
    Above average pay

Cons

Prices change every period
    Switching in policies regularly including bonus, insurance, and vacation
    Horrible corporate management, new roll outs canceled mid way, no communication, procedures changed constantly

Step into and run a store for a quarter. Look around. Write down what's broken. Fix it. Broken coolers, broken freezers, crumbling walls, over flowing grease traps, leaking ceilings, just to name a few. And this isn't even just my store. This is the entire area. Favoritism also runs rampant. Low performing stores are given leeway because of who runs them while high performing stores like mine are ignored or made to work harder to counter act. All corporate looks at the bottom line. It's black and white. But we can not compete with places like Panera Bread when our dinning room smells worse than our mens room.

There are newer employer reviews for Einstein Bros. Bagels