Einstein Bros. Bagels

www.einsteinnoah.com
There are newer employer reviews for Einstein Bros. Bagels

A concept with diminishing values being overran by next quarter profits.

Former Employee - Regional Manager
Former Employee - Regional Manager

I worked at Einstein Bros. Bagels full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Work/Life balance is nice. Benefits are decent with the exception of 401k which they dont match at all.

Cons

Everything from top to bottom is micro managed to the 10th degree. There is no future for anyone except officer level employees. The keep cutting labor in the stores and asking everyone to do more. Very mixed ideologies.

If you want the company to truly be successful then you have to invest in its people. Currently your employees talent level is at the bottom of the totem pole because you don't pay for success. Training, Marketing, and Acquisition departments need a lot of work! Good luck getting where you want to go without changing the plan of attack!

132 Other Employee Reviews for Einstein Bros. Bagels (View Most Recent)

Low pay and poor treatment working for Franchisee.

Former Employee - Shift Manager
    Former Employee - Shift Manager

I worked at Einstein Bros. Bagels full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Early hours. In early and out early.

Cons

Everything else. Abusive treatment from Franchisee.

Treat people like humans.

There's good and bad in working at Einsteins

I have been working at Einstein Bros. Bagels

Pros

- You can get free food at times, if not, it's 50% off.
    - Free drinks (coffee, soda, etc)
    - Closes at 5 pm on weekdays, 4 pm on Saturdays, and 3 pm on Sundays. You can actually have a life OUTSIDE of work.
    - I get to work with kids my age and we always have a lot of fun and a lot of things to talk about to pass the time when it's not a busy day.
    - VERY flexible with school schedules and if you want to take a week off to go on vacation.
    - They don't get mad if you're a few minutes late.
    - It's rare, but it's nice when you get tips.

Cons

- Low pay
    - No raises
    - Had a co-worker that's been working there for 4 years and JUST got promoted.
    - Too much work for such little pay
    - No benefits
    - Customers suck
    - You have to wake up early. There are times when I have to open on the weekends and I have to be there at 5 am. The shift leads have to be there at 4 am to open on weekdays and bakers have to come in at 3:30 am.
    - No holiday pay
    - No overtime pay
    - There was one time when none of the employees were able to take a break because of how busy it was and then found out that we didn't even get paid for it.
    - When something breaks or when something is old, corporate doesn't help us replace it or anything. We just have to learn to live with it and work around it.

Basically, the average day in Einsteins can be very hectic.

It's dead in the morning and you usually just get the early morning rush. People buying bagels with cream cheese and they'll get coffee. Mostly the regular customers that rush to work in the morning.
    Then once brunch and lunch time comes. You get even busier. You start to do things all at once. If there's only two people working then you're pretty much screwed if you become busy. You're going to have to take orders then MAKE the food and wrap it and take it out to the customers (keep in mind that most of the time there is more than one food you have to make for each ticket). Then you'll have to re-stock your line if anything runs out. That can be a very big hassle because most of the time you have to run to the back of the kitchen, into the coolers, or downstairs into the basement, and THEN find what you're looking for and go back into the line.

Once it slows down and the rush is over, you have to clean everything. The line (which is the coolers), sweep the floor, re-stock the bagel cases, re-stock the retail coolers, clean the tables in the dining area. What I hate the most is when you're in the middle of doing these things and another rush comes and you basically can't get anything done.

If you're on the register, you got to deal with annoying customers and then make sure the coffee is always stocked. If someone orders a drink, you have to make it WHILE working the register and brewing coffee etc. Plus, people are very very cranky to you if you're on the register. They'll complain about prices, about waiting in line, about the food taking so long, they'll want a refund, they'll want this and that and so on.

Closing is also very hard and tiring. All you do is clean clean clean. It may sound easy, but there is so much to do and there is usually only two of you that are closing the store.

I don't mind Einstein's too much, but if you're lazy and don't like a fast paced and very busy job then don't work here or in the food business.

There are newer employer reviews for Einstein Bros. Bagels