Einstein Bros. Bagels

www.einsteinnoah.com

Horribly organized and low paying.

Current Employee - General Manager  in  Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - General Manager in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Fresh bagels to eat daily! Great hours if you have a family, most General Managers work 4am-2pm.

Cons

Pay is under the industry standard. Every single interaction with upper management has felt sneaky and dodgy. I know more than a few fellow coworkers who were promoted and promised better pay, given all of their new responsibilities, then were never given the promised pay raise. There's a store in my district with no General Manager, and a Assistant Manager in training running the store, for Shift Manger pay. The poor man is held to the standard of a GM while making 16k a year.

Pay closer attention to your Area Business Managers. They are giving our company a bad reputation for taking advantage of hard working employees.

Other reviews for Einstein Bros. Bagels

Bittersweet

Current Employee - Crew Member  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Crew Member in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

-Above minimum wage starting
    -Co-workers are friendly
    -Closes early (used to be 4, now 5pm)

Cons

-Management was horrid
    -Unprofessional atmosphere
    -High expectations, lack of proper training
    -Coworkers, although nice, are wholly incompetent, to the point where working's more like babysitting
    -Inconsistent scheduling/struggle to get decent hours unless you are favored by your manager (NOT based on work performance)
    -Weekends extremely busy, customers are generally rude as well

But in regards to that last statement, can you blame them?
    Everything is ridiculously overpriced, especially for the quality you receive.

The corporation is 100% about profit, they have no integrity, caring for neither their customers nor their employees. The food safety is questionable at times, and the employees are treated so poorly, many of them lose their integrity as well.
    The appliances also seem to be of poor quality, as the corporation cuts corners every which way they can. And when it really comes down to it, the employees catch flack for the flawed equipment Einstein's refuses to replace unless they deem it absolutely necessary.

The management is terrible, as my store hasn't had a permanent manager in the entire 9 months I've been working.
    It's also a kind of "if it's not one thing, it's another" kind of situation.
    As a crew member, you aren't rewarded for your effort, the temp managers I've had play favorites and reward hours to those they favor, not those who deserve it.
    If it's not hours, it's another situation, like coworkers showing up late to work, or not showing up AT ALL. That's just the kind of effect this job has on people, and no one I've worked with so far has considered it a "good job", as the effort is NOT worth the minimal pay.

My coworkers were also decent people, but the lack of professionalism and training can really turn you against each other.
    No one wants to be accountable for their actions, and many slack off as much as they can because
    it is a rare occasion that Einstein's will fire anyone (unless our district manager has a personal distaste for you), including shift leads and the temporary managers we've had.

In a sense, I consider it bittersweet because although it's terrible, I consider it a good learning experience, in terms of the corruption and adversity that life can throw at you.
    In the end though, the morality of this corporation makes me sick, and I for one, cannot wait until the day I'm no longer bound to this hellish environment.

Train your employees, stop playing favorites, gain some integrity and do your damned job to the best of your abilities.

Bagels Galore

Former Employee - Customer Service  in  Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Charlotte, NC

Pros

Generous hours, friendly co-workers, employee discount, food prep experience, and flexibility with the weekly schedule were all pros of working at Einstein Bagels.

Cons

The main con was that I didn't feel the pay equaled the amount of work and the intensity of the work. It was very physically demanding and could be a bit overwhelming for anyone who is not used to being on their feet for an 8 hour shift.

I was trained in every position so I was able to be thrown at anything. The management knew how to utilize employees, but they should match pay with experience and ability.

There are newer employer reviews for Einstein Bros. Bagels.

Worked for Einstein Bros. Bagels? Contribute to the Community!