There are newer employer reviews for Einstein Bros. Bagels

Poorly ran organization

Current Employee - Manager in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Einstein Bros. Bagels full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Nice people to work with. Most people do not have to work evenings. Competitive discount for employees.

Cons

Senior management would squeeze blood from a stone with no regard to employee impact. High turnover in HQ in all departments. Low or not competitive salaries at all levels in organization.

Advice to Management

Start paying attention to employees and you will have better service & lower turnover. Each time you take more from employees it shows in sales & customer service.

reviews filtered by

Not a good marketing environment

Former Employee - Brand Manager in Lakewood, CO
    Former Employee - Brand Manager in Lakewood, CO

I worked at Einstein Bros. Bagels full-time (more than a year)

Pros

-As close to marketing-driven company in the restaurant industry as you can get
    -Pays relatively well within marketing function for industry
    -Good level of talent at the Manager/Director levels
    -Fast-paced environment
    -If you're talented, they'll allow you to experience multiple functions in your career path
    -Good work/life balance

Cons

-It's a consumer-driven company with NO understanding of the consumer...no research budget, in-house insights employees, or segmentation/targeting/positioning
    -No one is willing to speak out against poor decision-making from the executives
    -Still pays below other industries in the marketing function like Internet and CPG
    -The fast-paced environment exists because of terrible planning/forecasting/process...we launched things with no business case, no rational thought, no testing and no executional planning...only to have them bomb and get pulled within a week of launch
    -I was there for a year and we went through 4 CMOs...yes, you read that correctly
    -Very secretive/shady hiring process for marketing
    -Some functional silos exist where other functions do almost nothing to help you out or move projects along
    -No proper performance evaluation process, core values/beliefs, or competencies exist

Advice to Management

Overhaul is needed

2. Was treated very badly

Former Employee - Line Worker in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Line Worker in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Einstein Bros. Bagels part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I met some of my best friends while working there, discount on food and free coffee

Cons

I was treated very badly by management. Worked there for over 3 years and only got one 25 cent raise, and that was just because the minmum wage had gone up. I felt used and not appreciated for anything I did. I was constantly passed up for a promotion and it was always given to someone who had worked there less time than I mad. When I asked to have additional responsibilities in the store my GM basically laughed at me and told me that I would just fail at it and that all I was capable of was making sandwiches for people. He didn't even let me take a break from being on the line and be on the register for a litte while because he told me he didnt think I could do it. I can't believe I put up with that treatment. I wish I would've walked out after he said those things.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better

There are newer employer reviews for Einstein Bros. Bagels