Einstein Bros. Bagels

Absolutely Horrible

Former Employee - Associate in Knoxville, TN
Former Employee - Associate in Knoxville, TN

I worked at Einstein Bros. Bagels

Pros

Discount on food, its only 20%, but if you skip your lunch break you can scarf down a free sandwich.

Cons

This location is on the UT campus in Knoxville, and it is owned and operated by Aramark. They treat their employees absolutely awful. Each employee was overworked, received no benefits, and you have to pay for your own parking space (which they don't tell you till after they hire you...). There is absolutely no opportunity for advancement, and the managers could not be any more unfriendly. Routine duties were often changed, and every week they invented a *new* way to do something, and those who accidentally continued to do it the old way were severely reprimanded. It was common on fridays for payroll to be forgotten, as the office that managed the checks was a few miles down the road. However, they closed before anyone was released from work, so you would have to wait till the following monday to pick up your check. I would not recommend this job to anyone.

I would highly recommend that the management give regular reviews on each employee, especially when it comes to newly introduced standards and practices. An occasional "good job" would be extremely appreciated as well, i'm sure.

125 Other Employee Reviews for Einstein Bros. Bagels (View Most Recent)

Easy job, good pay

I worked at Einstein Bros. Bagels full-time

Pros

Satisfaction after you work hard

Cons

Early hours are hard to get used to

It was a job

Former Employee - Team Member
    Former Employee - Team Member

I worked at Einstein Bros. Bagels part-time (less than an year)

Pros

decent food, mostly nice people to work with, nice discount, good regulars, free coffee, soda and ice tea.

Cons

poor pay, always cut early, early to rise means early to sleep, shift manager was stealing from the safe and the GM knew about it and let it slide several times

It's okay to try and be our friend but you have to remember to manage us as well.

There are newer employer reviews for Einstein Bros. Bagels