El Camino Hospital
www.elcaminohospital.org Mountain View , CA

Great nurses to work with and great support personnel.

Clinical Nurse II (Current Employee)
Mountain View, CA

ProsClean professional environment, innovative, great support staff, management and doctors work collaboratively with nurses, flexible schedule, great benefits, great amenities for patients.

ConsVery focused on staying within budget. Getting sent home early or getting cancelled for 4 hours and then having to come in at odd hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe patients we see on the medical floor often cannot do a single thing for themselves, yet demands are so high for the nursing and support staff. Confused, combative psych patients, dressing changes that take an hour, multiple tests that need to be done off the floor and needing at least 2 nurses to get obese patients into and out of a gurney, admissions you don't have time for, family members with a lot of questions not answered by the doctors, needing to be fed, turned, bathed, pulled up, frequent diaper changes. I believe the medical floor works the hardest and yet has the highest nurse to patient ratio. It is time to take action and drop the ratio to 4 to 1. This is what is needed for patient safety, it cannot wait for the next law to be passed. Please budget this in. Medical nurses drop like flies due to stress, burnout, and injuries.

Phlebotomist

Phlebotomist (Current Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

I have been working at El Camino Hospital for less than a year

Pros: Nice Hospital and Lab and cafeteria Cons: Not fair too Black minorities Advice to Senior Management: Need to hire more Black minorities More

Great Place to work

CT Tech (Current Employee)
    Los Gatos, CA

I have been working at El Camino Hospital full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: I have enjoyed my time spent away from my family… Cons: they are wanting to have you go between campuses and that… Advice to Senior Management: when you ask for a suggestion please listen Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on El Camino Hospital.

Worked for El Camino Hospital? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at El Camino Hospital reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by El Camino Hospital employees.