El Camino Hospital

www.elcaminohospital.org
Unclaimed Profile
Add Review
There are newer employer reviews for El Camino Hospital

up until a year ago it was wonderful now its extremely stressful

I have been working at El Camino Hospital

Pros

salary is very good at ECH

Cons

management does not care about its employees department is run with managers overseeing
family members too much nepotism

Advice to Management

need to have more compassion and bring back the feeling of showing appreciation for your staff

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Great staff, poor administration

I have been working at El Camino Hospital

Pros

Great staff, clean and organized, high standards for patient privacy and infection control. The pay is better than most other hospitals in the area, or anywhere really

Cons

Does not take care of staff, they don't care what hardships they put employees through during reorganization, plenty of ways to help displaced workers into other departments but they refuse to let them transfer to open positions. They do not offer growth opportunities to their employees, but will offer positions to external candidates of equal experience and education.

Advice to Management

Why pay thousands of dollars into education for your employees and then refuse to allow them to advance their careers within the organization? You need to help out the employees who have proven themselves to be hard working and loyal to the company. You also need to allow current employees who have been laid off to fill positions they are capable of doing, and not fight the processes every step of the way.

2. The Premiere Hospital In The Bay Area

Former Employee - Certified Nurse Assistant in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Certified Nurse Assistant in Mountain View, CA

I worked at El Camino Hospital part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

El Camino Hospital is definitely the premiere hospital in the Bay Area. Excellent compensation. It provides great benefits.People are nice. The workload is not that heavy compared to other hospitals that I used to work for. Nurses treat you with respect. Most employees are nice. Supervisors and managers are great and allow you to have a flexible schedule. I consider it the best hospital that I have worked for.

Cons

Union membership is required.Personally,I find it useless.Too bad that being not a member of the union worked against my employment as the hospital had to send non-union members packing in 2011. Nevertheless,I just have to leave because I could no longer pursue a career in Nursing as getting into Nursing programs have became either very expensive or extremely difficult especially in the Bay Area. Also,I am already considering a career change in my last year of employment.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.I know the hospital was severely affected when they opened the new building back in 2008 during the economic meltdown in the country.I think that they already recovered from that.