El Camino Hospital

Not what I expected!

Current Employee - Program Therapist in Mountain View, CA
Current Employee - Program Therapist in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at El Camino Hospital

Pros

The salary is great, benefits are great, and there are opportunities for advancement.

Cons

There have been times when I have not felt supported by my supervisor or management as a whole. The emphasis sometimes seems like it is on profit, even before patient care. I understand it's a business that needs to stay solvent, but it is frustrating to hear about finances during a staff meeting, rather than the work we are doing to help people in need.

20 Other Employee Reviews for El Camino Hospital (View Most Recent)

Working at El Camino is like having an extended family and being paid for being there.

I have been working at El Camino Hospital

Pros

Pride involving the excellent patient care that nurses and physicians provide to patients and family members. There is real compassion that exists at the bedside. The team work is committed to promoting safe and informative care to all patients.

Cons

El Camino has moved into a new building that meets the latest seismic standards. The building is beautiful. Most rooms are private for the patients and each room has a window with a view. There is increased footwork for the nurses who are on their feet all day.

Communication could be better between leadership and staff. The hospital has had some "reduction in force", which has made employees feel insecure about their future. There needs to be more positive feedback to nurses at the bedside. They work weekends and variable shifts and come in to work extra to fill in the vacancies in staffing, due to dedication to their coworkers and patients.

It used to be good here.

I have been working at El Camino Hospital

Pros

One of the best reasons to work at El Camino was that they realized the importance of nurses. It was a nurses hospital. this was good for the patients because nurses spend more time with patients than doctors and know their needs. Over time this was over done and anyone with a license was recruited. As the number of poor nurses grew so did our influence until management became anti-nurse and blame nurses for their own financial incompetence.

Cons

This place has become so anti-nurse that the management no longer defends nurses, no matter how outrageous the situation the customer is always right, even when science and rational thought would dictate otherwise.

Quit doing the MAGNET dance and do what is right, not what LOOKS right on paper. In religion this is called repentance, a return to the true path after being lost.

There are newer employer reviews for El Camino Hospital