Great place work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at El Paso

Pros

I've been at EP for several years and it's a great place to work. Good work-life balance, pay and benefits.

Cons

Kinder Morgan is purchasing the company and there's a lot of uncertainty about the direction KMI will take. KMI is known for its core value of "Cheap" and EP's core value is "Excellence".

Need to keep up the communication on the direction KMI is going to take. EP is a great company and I hope EP management can keep KMI from killing that culture of "Excellence"

Other Reviews for El Paso

Dim future?

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at El Paso

Pros

Programs (STEP) events that support community initatives
    Neutral compensation package (benefits are okay)
    You will learn some things from some seasoned experts
    Work/life balance (flexible work schedule)
    An independent buyer is considering buying the E&P company (hopefully they will be sharp and can recognize real talent)

Cons

Some members of senior management outright lie about initiatives or career advancement
    Most people belong to a clique and are very gossipy, mainly those who are not hard workers
    Processes are terribly flawed, Process Optimization is a joke
    Rewards are given with very little evidence of hard work
    Most experienced people are in cubicles while less experienced/lazy people are in offices
    Talented people are shoved aside while non-value add people push on through to promotions
    Too many levels of management in some areas.

Recognize real talent when you see it. Don't continue to reward ass kissers and lazy folks.

I learned enough to go to any energy company and get a job instantly.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at El Paso

Pros

If you want to learn about the gas industry then get a job at a pipeline that trains you for months you will know more than schedulers who have worked for years.,

Cons

I think when its time for layoffs there is never a good way to do it but they could still learn alot about how not to stress everyone during the process.

Listen to your employees, and remember just because someone is capable of doing more than most people remember they shouldnt have 3 xs as much work as everyone else or you will lose them.

There are newer employer reviews for El Paso.

Worked for El Paso? Contribute to the Community!