El Pollo Loco

Great Idea, Bad Followthrough

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Virginia Beach, VA
Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at El Pollo Loco

Pros

I like working for El Pollo Loco because they are very flexible in the hours they give management. My restaurant is a franchise, therefore, we do not have the same benefits as a corporate El Pollo Loco has. Corporate El Pollo Loco's have some of the best benefit packages available. I believe that upper management in corporate El Pollo Loco is very competent, but it seems that within our franchise, everytime we take one step forward, we take two more steps back.

Cons

No benefits, no vacation, low pay, no incentives from the company.

I would tell Management within the franchise to respect and value employees more.

38 Other Employee Reviews for El Pollo Loco (View Most Recent)

Where people don't count!

I have been working at El Pollo Loco

Pros

You get a paycheck every two weeks. The food is good and there are a lot of great employees who try to do their best to earn a living.

Cons

Upper management treat the empolyees like dirt. You are constantly reminded of what a loser you are. The constant pressure and lack of respect is truely unbearable.

You are nothing without your people! Treat them well.

If you need money, then I guess.

Current Employee - Cashier
    Current Employee - Cashier

I have been working at El Pollo Loco

Pros

Flexibility in schedule is a big plus.

Cons

You do not get reviewed, you are expected to learn most, if not all the job positions, while still working minimum wage, despite 2 + years of working there. You get blamed for things that are out of your control. Is this all ranting? I suppose. I still do not regret working here, great experience, amazing people, poor management. Restaurant jobs will always be hectic, loud, fast-paced, and sometimes stressful, I just wish the stress would come from actually performing the job(which despite having to run around all day I enjoy) rather than dealing with poor management that cannot run the company, and cannot treat their employees fairly.

There are newer employer reviews for El Pollo Loco