There are newer employer reviews for Elance

Great company filled with innovative people

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Elance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love what Elance stands for, bringing career opportunities to people around the world in a matter of seconds. As a recent graduate student, the Senior Managers have really challenged me in all possible directions. They have pushed me out of my comfort zone and let me do things they know I could achieve. I have been with the company very shortly, but I have learned a great deal about the business and how to succeed in it. Not only is the company great, but so are the people. People at Elance really strive to do their best every day because customer satisfaction is our number one priority. Overall, Elance is a fast-paced environment filled with dedicated people that are eager to learn and contribute to a growing industry.

Cons

The only negative thing I would have to say is the long commute. My travel time to and from work is at least an hour each way. The company does offer work from home days every other week to help those that do have a long commute.

Other Employee Reviews for Elance

Great place to work and learn in a fast-paced industry with smart people.

Former Employee - Marketing in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Elance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Elance is a great place to work. Management is solid with a real commitment to excellence that permeates through the culture. There is a strong focus on hiring well, and as a result, the team is smart and the people who work there are can-do people. There is good teamwork across departments and it fosters an environment that is very solution-oriented. The industry of online work is a fast-paced, dynamic one which presents interesting work across the board from engineering to marketing. The culture is supportive and friendly (and family-friendly). The people are fun to work with, the work is challenging and the world of online work is fascinating and growing rapidly. Overall, a solid, stable, fun and interesting place to work.

Cons

For me, the only downside was my commute. Management was very supportive and let me adjust hours for my commute and even offered work from home days.

2. Great company, great mission!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Elance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Love working here! The company overall has a great atmosphere, the team is very committed to building a business that is not just a fast-growth flame but real and sustainable; and the team is strong while being humble. A truly great place to work.

Cons

The cubicles are very 1990... glad they will be fixing that soon though. And we don't have a cafe and the location is somewhat of a food desert... but all small gripes.

Advice to Management

Live the mission of changing the world for talent and giving others great opportunities! It's very inspiring, we'd love more.