Elance

www.elance.com

Elance is my extended family

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Mountain View, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Pros

I have been with Elance for 7 years now, the longest so far I have stayed in one company. I enjoy coming to work daily thinking that I will be working with a group of talented people who are like family to me. I am very pleased with the flexibility my job offers which gives me excellent work/life balance, such a great place to work, the best!

Cons

I can't think of any, every one is a team player, great people equals great company!

Other reviews for Elance

great company to work in

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA

Pros

great people, friendly work environment, working on a product that has a positive social impact around the world

Cons

I can't think of any downsides right now. I this is a great company to work in and I like it here.

Changing the way the world works

Current Employee - Director  in  Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Mountain View, CA

Pros

Elance has a noble mission - to connect businesses and entrepreneurs with freelance talent from anywhere in the world. This is a barrier reduction and facilitates global trade on a mass scale. This empowers people all around the world, yes including people in the U.S., to be a business of one. Ultimately, the platforms like Elance increase competition in the labor markets, which is good for society in the long run. Many companies say they are trying to change the world, but Elance really is changing the world. Like other people have said, the environment is very laid back, which can be a challenge to anyone who is ambitious and has a lot of ideas to improve the business.

Cons

Not many cons, other than the company has so much promise and doesn't move fast enough considering it's relatively small size. Tons of niche labor marketplaces are coming online now to challenge Elance and their main competitor as a result. There isn't much of a risk taking mentality at the company, which hinder it's chances from reaching an exit. Ideas are often looked upon as a challenge to senior management authority

Your platform inspires entrepreneurs around the world - you should build some of that inspiration and entrepreneurial spirit into the company culture/DNA - it will unleash the creativity of your employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Elance.

Worked for Elance? Contribute to the Community!