Work Hard, Play Harder, Be Inspired and Making an Impact

Current Employee - Senior Business Development Associate  in  Mountain View, CA
Current Employee - Senior Business Development Associate in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Elance full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've been with Elance just over a year and a half now and the one thing I can say with confidence is I love the people here. I get excited to come to work everyday with some of the smartest people I've ever met. It says a lot about a company's culture when your one main common goal is making a difference in the world. We all work very hard, but you feel appreciated and valued. Management goes out of their way to supply you with the tools you need to succeed while also encouraging and standing up for your hard work. I am constantly humbled by their leadership and genuineness.

I think one of the most powerful things I have experience with the company, outside it's fantastic vision, is that the company is incredibly flexible and caring. If you are concerned about your role with the company they will find one that suits your needs for more responsibility personal growth, and satisfaction. You have plenty of opportunities when you work for Elance.

Lastly, it really does making a difference having an incredibly inspiring CEO. Fabio makes a real effort to connect with you, check in on how you are doing, is incredibly transparent about our progress, and is just a pleasure to talk to.

I love my job, it's as simple as that.

Cons

Honestly, there isn't much to be said that is a solid "Con". The company has doubled since I began working here and it's getting harder to know everyone's name. There also are occasional org shifts due to teams growing larger which has led to a bump or two in the road for me personally but nothing serious.

Keep doing what you are doing. However, I personally wouldn't mind more inner-team or departmental events off-site from time to time.

Other Reviews for Elance

Elance is my extended family

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Elance full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have been with Elance for 7 years now, the longest so far I have stayed in one company. I enjoy coming to work daily thinking that I will be working with a group of talented people who are like family to me. I am very pleased with the flexibility my job offers which gives me excellent work/life balance, such a great place to work, the best!

Cons

I can't think of any, every one is a team player, great people equals great company!

great company to work in

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Elance full-time for more than a year

Pros

great people, friendly work environment, working on a product that has a positive social impact around the world

Cons

I can't think of any downsides right now. I this is a great company to work in and I like it here.

There are newer employer reviews for Elance.

Worked for Elance? Contribute to the Community!