Great place to work!!!

Current Employee - Sales in Mountain View, CA
Current Employee - Sales in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Elance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great product, great people, awesome culture. Management is very transparent and they give you the tools necessary to make you successful. Managers truly have a vested interest in their people's success. People treat each other with respect, no politics. They bring in food and have drinks and snacks located throughout the building. People are very helpful. The on-boarding process was very organized and I was up and running quickly! Every Thursday is a fun company event.

Cons

The only con would be my commute but it's really not that big of a deal.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in your employees and keep investing in the culture as we grow. That's what attracted me in the first place.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Great culture, amazing people, compelling mission

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Elance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture, amazing people, compelling mission

Cons

Start-ups are hard work! ;)

Work Hard, Play Harder, Be Inspired and Making an Impact

Current Employee - Senior Business Development Associate in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Business Development Associate in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Elance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been with Elance just over a year and a half now and the one thing I can say with confidence is I love the people here. I get excited to come to work everyday with some of the smartest people I've ever met. It says a lot about a company's culture when your one main common goal is making a difference in the world. We all work very hard, but you feel appreciated and valued. Management goes out of their way to supply you with the tools you need to succeed while also encouraging and standing up for your hard work. I am constantly humbled by their leadership and genuineness.

I think one of the most powerful things I have experience with the company, outside it's fantastic vision, is that the company is incredibly flexible and caring. If you are concerned about your role with the company they will find one that suits your needs for more responsibility personal growth, and satisfaction. You have plenty of opportunities when you work for Elance.

Lastly, it really does making a difference having an incredibly inspiring CEO. Fabio makes a real effort to connect with you, check in on how you are doing, is incredibly transparent about our progress, and is just a pleasure to talk to.

I love my job, it's as simple as that.

Cons

Honestly, there isn't much to be said that is a solid "Con". The company has doubled since I began working here and it's getting harder to know everyone's name. There also are occasional org shifts due to teams growing larger which has led to a bump or two in the road for me personally but nothing serious.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. However, I personally wouldn't mind more inner-team or departmental events off-site from time to time.