Elance-oDesk

There are newer employer reviews for Elance-oDesk

Non-Caring.

Current Employee - Support Ticket Representative in Redwood City, CA
Current Employee - Support Ticket Representative in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Elance-oDesk full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You work from home and you work with some great people.

Cons

You get nothing working for them. No benefits, sick time, vacation time, flexibility you normally get with a work from home job, and you are absolutely replaceable.

Care more about the people you employ and maybe they will work harder for you.

Elance-oDesk Response

Jul 18, 2014HR

Thank you for your feedback. Our team greatly values the opinions of those using the Elance - oDesk platform to find freelance work. We continue to evolve the offerings for our clients and ... More

8 Other Employee Reviews for Elance-oDesk (View Most Recent)

Make the world a better place and have fun doing it!

Current Employee - Operations in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Operations in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Elance-oDesk full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I love Elance-oDesk. We are the market leader but still have a lot of growth and challenge ahead. The CEO and Senior management are great. They really care about the employees and the mission and provide a lot of transparency. If you do well, you'll be recognized for it and have opportunities to take on more responsibility and change roles. The work is interesting and meaningful, and we move fast, yet we have great work-life balance.

Cons

-It's big enough that you don't know everyone's name, you have to go out of your way to meet people
    -Whereas at another company you may manage a team, it's more likely you'll manage a team of freelancers here than of teammembers in the office

Make sure everyone knows our company values and is measured on living them out.

Great Place to Work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Elance-oDesk full-time

Pros

Elance-oDesk is a truly great company to be a part of. The leadership is inspiring, fair, and transparent - they really make you feel valued and heard as an employee. The main draw, for me, is the excitement I feel to be working towards a meaningful cause with a team of dedicated, smart and passionate people... but can't forget the yummy catered food, healthy snacks, ping pong/foosball, major perks (work from home Wednesdays!), fun office events, and great benefits. It doesn't get any better than this!

Cons

Ruining my expectations for future employers. ;)

There are newer employer reviews for Elance-oDesk