There are newer employer reviews for Elance-oDesk

Promoting learning and career growth opportunity for everyone

Former Employee - Associate  in  Mountain View, CA
Former Employee - Associate in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Elance-oDesk full-time for more than a year

Pros

The best part about Elance-oDesk is the company culture. My co-workers are not just my peers but also some of my close friends. Having an open culture where everyone is friendly and working for the same coming goal makes it easy to come to work everyday and really enjoy what you do. On top of that, you get to work from home every Wednesday! At Elance-oDesk, we truly believe in our mission; therefore we always put ourselves into the shoes of our customers to get a true understanding of our product. Overall, working at Elance-oDesk has truly given me a lifetime of learning opportunities!

Cons

The only con for me would be the long commute but they offer great commute perks and work from home days to offset that!

Keep showing the amazing company culture!

7 Other Employee Reviews for Elance-oDesk (View Most Recent)

Non-Caring.

Current Employee - Support Ticket Representative  in  Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Support Ticket Representative in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Elance-oDesk full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You work from home and you work with some great people.

Cons

You get nothing working for them. No benefits, sick time, vacation time, flexibility you normally get with a work from home job, and you are absolutely replaceable.

Care more about the people you employ and maybe they will work harder for you.

Elance-oDesk Response

Jul 18, 2014HR

Thank you for your feedback. Our team greatly values the opinions of those using the Elance - oDesk platform to find freelance work. We continue to evolve the offerings for our clients and ... More

Great Place to Work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Elance-oDesk full-time

Pros

Elance-oDesk is a truly great company to be a part of. The leadership is inspiring, fair, and transparent - they really make you feel valued and heard as an employee. The main draw, for me, is the excitement I feel to be working towards a meaningful cause with a team of dedicated, smart and passionate people... but can't forget the yummy catered food, healthy snacks, ping pong/foosball, major perks (work from home Wednesdays!), fun office events, and great benefits. It doesn't get any better than this!

Cons

Ruining my expectations for future employers. ;)

There are newer employer reviews for Elance-oDesk

Worked for Elance-oDesk? Contribute to the Community!