There are newer employer reviews for Elance-oDesk

Promoting learning and career growth opportunity for everyone

Former Employee - Associate in Mountain View, CA
Former Employee - Associate in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Elance-oDesk full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The best part about Elance-oDesk is the company culture. My co-workers are not just my peers but also some of my close friends. Having an open culture where everyone is friendly and working for the same coming goal makes it easy to come to work everyday and really enjoy what you do. On top of that, you get to work from home every Wednesday! At Elance-oDesk, we truly believe in our mission; therefore we always put ourselves into the shoes of our customers to get a true understanding of our product. Overall, working at Elance-oDesk has truly given me a lifetime of learning opportunities!

Cons

The only con for me would be the long commute but they offer great commute perks and work from home days to offset that!

Keep showing the amazing company culture!

8 Other Employee Reviews for Elance-oDesk (View Most Recent)

Non-Caring.

Current Employee - Support Ticket Representative in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Support Ticket Representative in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Elance-oDesk full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You work from home and you work with some great people.

Cons

You get nothing working for them. No benefits, sick time, vacation time, flexibility you normally get with a work from home job, and you are absolutely replaceable.

Care more about the people you employ and maybe they will work harder for you.

Elance-oDesk Response

Jul 18, 2014HR

Thank you for your feedback. Our team greatly values the opinions of those using the Elance - oDesk platform to find freelance work. We continue to evolve the offerings for our clients and ... More

Make the world a better place and have fun doing it!

Current Employee - Operations in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Operations in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Elance-oDesk full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I love Elance-oDesk. We are the market leader but still have a lot of growth and challenge ahead. The CEO and Senior management are great. They really care about the employees and the mission and provide a lot of transparency. If you do well, you'll be recognized for it and have opportunities to take on more responsibility and change roles. The work is interesting and meaningful, and we move fast, yet we have great work-life balance.

Cons

-It's big enough that you don't know everyone's name, you have to go out of your way to meet people
    -Whereas at another company you may manage a team, it's more likely you'll manage a team of freelancers here than of teammembers in the office

Make sure everyone knows our company values and is measured on living them out.

There are newer employer reviews for Elance-oDesk