There are newer employer reviews for Elance-oDesk

Nice people fun environment.

Former Employee - Intern  in  Mountain View, CA
Former Employee - Intern in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Elance-oDesk as an intern for less than a year

Pros

People are very nice. CEO is always around and accessible. Company-wide meetings allow anyone to express their complaints.

Cons

Not as many perks as other startups when I was there. Interesting mix of people. Upper level hierarchy is interesting.

6 Other Employee Reviews for Elance-oDesk (View Most Recent)

Great Company in Transition

I have been working at Elance-oDesk full-time for more than a year

Pros

People really care about their job here, and are generally motivated by the fact that we are creating job opportunities all over the world outside of gender, ethnicity, location, appearances, and all that. Free lunch three times a week plus a work from home day doesn't hurt either.

Cons

The merge has been hard on culture, there hasn't been enough effort made to blend the two companies, but I have faith things will work out.

Promoting learning and career growth opportunity for everyone

Former Employee - Associate  in  Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Associate in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Elance-oDesk full-time for more than a year

Pros

The best part about Elance-oDesk is the company culture. My co-workers are not just my peers but also some of my close friends. Having an open culture where everyone is friendly and working for the same coming goal makes it easy to come to work everyday and really enjoy what you do. On top of that, you get to work from home every Wednesday! At Elance-oDesk, we truly believe in our mission; therefore we always put ourselves into the shoes of our customers to get a true understanding of our product. Overall, working at Elance-oDesk has truly given me a lifetime of learning opportunities!

Cons

The only con for me would be the long commute but they offer great commute perks and work from home days to offset that!

Keep showing the amazing company culture!

There are newer employer reviews for Elance-oDesk

Worked for Elance-oDesk? Contribute to the Community!