There are newer employer reviews for Electric Cloud

Close, family feel company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Sunnyvale, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Electric Cloud full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people here are amazing, so nice and very dedicated. The culture is friendly and inviting. The office is an open air environment, allowing you feel like there is cohesion and equality between everyone. There are always numerous snacks, and Wednesday is bagel and donut day.

Cons

There is a lack of parking in the front, so sometimes you have to park under eucalyptus trees.

24 Other Employee Reviews for Electric Cloud (View Most Recent)

Solving tough problems is well rewarded

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Electric Cloud

Pros

Electric Cloud has done a very good job of filtering for highly competent engineers and creating a culture of responsibility and accountability. If there are politics going on in the office, my manager and the VP of Engineering are doing a very good job of hiding it from the engineering team. I know that I can trust my coworkers to watch my back, and I watch theirs in return. The ElectricAccelerator product is solving some extremely tricky problems, so the barrier to entry for competition is high; the ElectricCommander product is in an easier field and just has to compete on excellence.

Cons

The ElectricAccelerator product is already mature, and much of the work is quite tricky, consisting of solving tricky edge cases, adapting to undocumented behaviors of popular operating systems, or integrating new features into an existing complex code base. It's hard to spend much time in a state of flow when working at your limits tackling extremely difficult problems. Because it has to emulate and interface with existing bodies of code, it's often impractical to abstract problems to a comfortable level, so development is more of a chore and less of the "they pay me to do something fun!" that you can get when writing code from scratch. If becoming expert in the minutia of the most detailed quirks of operating systems and development environments is your cup of tea, the work is superb for your career, but if you like abstraction and general-purpose architecture work, you're not going to get a lot of it.

Continue to maintain the culture of openness that the company has had from the start. Electric Cloud is the only company at which I've worked where the employees get to see the same presentation the board of directors do every month, and it gives me a lot more confidence in management than at previous companies.

Have good vision & nice people

I have been working at Electric Cloud full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I also completely agree the people make the company.
    Working with very talented co-workers who also like to have fun is most valuable & great if you work at any companies with your colleagues.
    Electric Cloud is yet small, but global company which means that company can find any opportunities from all over the world & can grow with world market.

Cons

Company is still young and trend moves like lightning.
    So, there's a lot to learn very quickly and the information you need isn't always as easy to find as it could be.

Why don't company get certification against automotive standards?

There are newer employer reviews for Electric Cloud

Worked for Electric Cloud? Contribute to the Community!