Electronic Arts
www.ea.com Redwood City, CA 5000+ Employees

Above average game studio

Software Engineer II (Former Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Electronic Arts

ProsGreat managers, oportunity to work on AAA products. Lots of interesting work and solid support systems.

ConsEasy to get lost in the masses and end up being treated like a dispensable commodity. Once heard a Senior Development Director say something like the following, "Unreal Engineers are a dime a dozen." What he meant was that qualified gaming engineers with unreal experience were easy to find and hire. Which isn't supported by the amount of time and effort it took them to hire qualified unreal engineers. My impression was that he didn't see the value of the engineers already on staff, he saw them as a commodity to be bought and discarded when he no longer had a use for them.

Advice to Senior ManagementFor gaming studios EA's managers are definately above average, but their corporate leadership could benefit from deeper contact with the rest of the staff.

its just an ok company, nothing special

Assistant Producer I (Former Employee)
Redwood City, CA

I worked at Electronic Arts

Pros: looks good on the resume free meals depending on crunch time… Cons: no consistant free meals or any other perks unless you are top tier management super high costing on-site daycare very poor-to-zero EA University class options or support… Advice to Senior Management: Morale is low in most every studio because upper management keeps trodding down a path of bad decision making. This impacts performance and creativity… More

A great place to work! Best benefits around.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Redwood City, CA

I worked at Electronic Arts

Pros: People are fun, easy going, friendly and cool Managers are experienced, fun and great to work with Best benefits package in the entire games industry PTO system is… Cons: Skill-wise does not give much room to grow; not challenging enough Company is too afraid to take risks;… Advice to Senior Management: There are lots of talented people who are wasted in the company and not given a chance to achieve their full… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Electronic Arts.

Worked for Electronic Arts? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Electronic Arts reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Electronic Arts CEO Andrew Wilson. All reviews posted anonymously by Electronic Arts employees.