Electronic Arts

www.ea.com

Above average game studio

Software Engineer II (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsGreat managers, oportunity to work on AAA products. Lots of interesting work and solid support systems.

ConsEasy to get lost in the masses and end up being treated like a dispensable commodity. Once heard a Senior Development Director say something like the following, "Unreal Engineers are a dime a dozen." What he meant was that qualified gaming engineers with unreal experience were easy to find and hire. Which isn't supported by the amount of time and effort it took them to hire qualified unreal engineers. My impression was that he didn't see the value of the engineers already on staff, he saw them as a commodity to be bought and discarded when he no longer had a use for them.

Advice to Senior ManagementFor gaming studios EA's managers are definately above average, but their corporate leadership could benefit from deeper contact with the rest of the staff.

I let myself be exploited for career growth opportunity by working for a year a a contractor through Aquent.

Copywriter (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Electronic Arts

Pros: Resume booster! Resume booster! Resume booster! Cons: Contractors are worked for a full year with no time off, potentially… Advice to Senior Management: Hire people, stop exploiting contractors, and admit that a company… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Not Great

Product Manager (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Electronic Arts

Pros: - Nice people - Relaxed work hours Cons: - Performance of the company is poor - People are not… More
There are newer reviews on Electronic Arts.

Worked for Electronic Arts? Contribute to the Community!