Cool work environment, if you like an 50h+ work week..

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant  in  Redwood City, CA
Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Electronic Arts

Pros

...Free games! What's not to like? EA has some very smart, cool people, laid back attitude, flexible work arrangements...and the gym, and cafe are awesome

Cons

felt there was favortism in the department. It wasn't what you knew and how well you knew it, but who you knew.

none

Other Reviews for Electronic Arts

Great place to work if you're willing to put in the work.

Former Employee - Software Engineer I  in  Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Software Engineer I in Orlando, FL

I worked at Electronic Arts

Pros

Electronic Arts is a very creative environment. Knowledge sharing is imbued into the corporate culture which results in studios from around the world contributing new techniques and technologies to a central knowledge base.

Cons

Long hours at times. Despite the fact that they have a pretty poor public reputation for this, they do care about keeping number of hours down. It's just that unfortunately, they always seem to get into a position where the project is late, there are technical challenges, and then here comes the crunch time.

Invest in project management techniques. I don't know what the answer is, but the current mode of operation isn't working so well.

Professional work for the kid in you.

Current Employee - Software Engineer III
    Current Employee - Software Engineer III

I have been working at Electronic Arts

Pros

The people are fantastic to work with. Because EA is in the business of making games you get all walks of life. As an engineer I find it very enjoyable working with artist, game designers, and professional management types because it gives me a bit more perspective on our industry in general. Typically us "geeks" get very engrossed in the Tech side of things and a place like EA lets you come out of your shell a bit more. Also you are making a games which does add to the atmosphere of "fun". I have worked for other big companies and I feel that EA compensates well and they are trying to change as we the workers are aging (more time with family, etc). Last I would say as a "gamer" getting free EA games and having the Library where I can check out moves and games for free is a big plus.

Cons

The hours can be a bit "crunchy" sometime. Also these games are big money produces these days and this adds additional stress to make sure everything comes out on time.

Just keep a constant open dialog with people. Sometimes it is very easy to fall into the "my door is always open" type of thing but I feel a good manager should also feel like "the employees door is always open" too and just swing by and shoot the breeze with people. This way your even your lowest employee feels like that can be open about things they see as wrong ... instead of just handing you their 2 weeks notice.

There are newer employer reviews for Electronic Arts.

Worked for Electronic Arts? Contribute to the Community!