There are newer employer reviews for Electronic Arts

Ambition and positive attitudes well received.

Current Employee - Associate Producer in Redwood City, CA
Current Employee - Associate Producer in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Electronic Arts

Pros

Big company and if given the right opportunities and working under competant managment you can go far. You will have the opportunity to with amazing people.

Cons

Being some a large company those unwilling to speak up can easily get lost in the shuffle. You will need to manage your career if you find your manager don't champion your best efforts.

Advice to Management

Senior management can do a better job of communicating expectations and status of individual work. When your people are doing a good job let them know. I have had great managers who excel is this area but I have experienced management that does not communicate well when I may not be meeting expectations.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Hit & Miss

Former Employee - Associate Development Manager in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Associate Development Manager in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Electronic Arts

Pros

* Benefits are good, health, dental, vision, media library, discount on games * Good if you have a good manager who listens to you, but it is hit and miss * Flexible, but again, depends on the group. Some are better than others. I worked with both, the bad ones are pretty bad, but the good teams make you feel like family.

Cons

* Senior management doesn't always communicate, which makes your job harder. * Disorganization when it comes to corporate communication. We heard more things through news sites and blogs than from the executive team. * Some really bad managers which makes it hard to shape your career * More likely to be told where and what you're going to do, then find opportunities to move around with the same Label. * Sometimes advancement depends on who you suck up to.

Advice to Management

* Communication is key. Listen to your employees instead of managing by rumours.

Poor Corporate Culture & Direction Make This Video Game Publisher Not Fun (ironic, isn't it?)

Former Employee - Marketing Assistant in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing Assistant in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Electronic Arts

Pros

1) Talented individuals in different areas, most with a strong passion for gaming. 2) Pseudo-corporate atmosphere (dress down, lots of rec areas, gaming encouraged). 3) Free/cheap games.

Cons

1) Senior management has lost sight of what makes their business successful (answer: innovative and fun games, not half-assed sequels or franchises). 2) Poor pay (in my opinion); bonuses were a joke. 3) Those free/cheap games are unfortunately EA games.

Advice to Management

EA is still the 700 pound gorilla in the industry, but how I'm not quite sure. You spend your time dealing with "issues" like piracy, and cross selling, and this and that...how about just focusing on making fun games for people and treating your workers better?