Electronic Arts

www.ea.com

Your experience there depends on your management chain

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Redwood City, CA

Pros+ Still have a lot of experienced, knowledgeable people that will give you the time of day
+ Onsite Cafes & Frequent Food Truck Visits
+ Gym, Daycare, etc.
+ Doesn't seem as crunchy as it used to be (depends on team)
+ Seem to have a good mix of experienced people and new hires/grads

ConsSo many departments, divisions, locations...can be challenging to get your work done. I hear a lot of people say that they can get more done in a couple hours before/after work than they can during the balance of the work day where time is spent in meetings or helping other people.

Company functions a bit like trying to win a boat race in a cruise ship. People know what needs to be done for their division, but trying to steer the entire company in that direction is a fruitless exercise.

Advice to Senior ManagementStill need to improve customer relationship. Effort is there, but all the good that happens behind the scenes is often washed away by a silly public facing gaffe.

Great place to work on games with smart people

Technical Director (Current Employee) Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Electronic Arts full-time for more than a year

Pros: Very smart people with a lot of experience making games, how could it… Cons: IT and Digital projects take too long and in some… Advice to Senior Management: Better project management of internal digital service projects. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

The people are great, the politics are not

Engineering Manager (Former Employee) Redwood Shores, CA

I worked at Electronic Arts full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: EA has a great number of hugely talented individuals, lots of cool projects to work on, lots of great tech to play… Cons: The atmosphere is highly profit driven, to the detriment of quality in many cases. Politics and jockeying for power or recognition is rampant. People can… Advice to Senior Management: EA would not be losing ground to other smaller companies in both reputation and market share if it could get closer to its roots, and… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Electronic Arts.

Worked for Electronic Arts? Contribute to the Community!