There are newer employer reviews for Electronic Arts

Good experience, though lack of career path

Former Employee - QA Test Lead in Montreal, QC (Canada)
Former Employee - QA Test Lead in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I worked at Electronic Arts full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The Benefits were really good, though they were not matched with the financial compensation. The people are great to work with and the QA management is mostly quite awesome. They were always receptive of ideas and would be willing to help people advance as much as they could, which was limited due to all the required approvals. End of Projects were often accompanied by Paid time off.

Cons

Though there are a lot of benefits there is very little career growth. Every promotion and significant raise I received was preceded by a discussion of my dissatisfaction and an ultimatum of raise/promotion or I would need to look for work elsewhere. This continued till I was approached by another company who gave me an offer greater then what I had previously asked for with EA.

Advice to Management

Promote people and give raises without them having to threaten to quit.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Fun and family oriented workplace

I have been working at Electronic Arts full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great benefits, excellent work environment and a family like atmosphere. Work-life balance has greatly improved over the years and EA continually strives to maintain and improve those balances.

Cons

Some long hours, but given the nature of the business, it's expected and the pros outweigh any of the cons. Coming into the business of Video games, you should be prepared to staff some long hours during our peak seasons.

Advice to Management

Would love to see us get back on the radar with more titles like Dead Space; that is, titles that are our own intellectual property.

2. Awesome colleagues, but hard to grow into the company without connections

Former Employee - Technical Solutions Specialist in Madrid (Spain)
    Former Employee - Technical Solutions Specialist in Madrid (Spain)

I worked at Electronic Arts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Electronic Arts is a great employer if you're passionate about games and willing to give your all for your passion. Even though its reputation has kind of lowered a bit, it's still a good company to have on your resume.

Cons

Salaries are not conform the amount of time/effort you put into the work. Also it's hard to grow into the company (career wise), as people hardly get promoted. Only way to advance in the company is for someone to leave.

Advice to Management

Reward the people for what they do; not for who they know. If people are really passionate about their work and put in so much (personal) time and effort to make the best product available, it should be rewarded; now people who get close to the upper management gain all the benefits.