Definitely a corporate entity, but not as evil as the 'net believes.

Former Employee - Associate Producer  in  Fairfax, VA
Former Employee - Associate Producer in Fairfax, VA

I worked at Electronic Arts full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Generous PTO, matching 401(k), incredible work environment. EA offered a one-time discount on purchasing any game console (don't know if they still have that).

Cons

Monolithic organization structure, driven to make a profit at all costs. Crunch time can be overwhelming (when isn't it) though the studio I worked at was not typical of other EA studios.

Better oversight of studio management (not more or less, just better) would be my advice. I worried often that some of the people in studio management were business school shills and that EA corporate was going to take the blame for their mistakes. Mind those local folks and look over their sholders just a smidge more often.

Other Reviews for Electronic Arts

Software Engineer Intern

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  Maitland, FL
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Maitland, FL

I worked at Electronic Arts as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Had several team build events during summer intern; Working time is flexible; Working environment is very good; bosses are very kind.

Cons

Since I only had only stayed 3 months, I did not find too much cons about the studio I worked.

I am fine with the current management style. In my team, there is no micro-management; bosses are very nice.

Lots of work, but lots of play too

Former Employee - QA Tester  in  Emeryville, CA
    Former Employee - QA Tester in Emeryville, CA

I worked at Electronic Arts as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

EA is a leader in the gaming industry, with opportunities to be exposed to many different aspects such as QA, development, project management, marketing, etc. Not to mention many different genres of games. Most of the people I worked with loved their jobs and were excited about what they do. Of course, getting discounts on game titles doesn't hurt.

Cons

It can be difficult to move from contract to full-time. One issue with the industry in general is that you can certainly expect some long nights and weekends, especially leading up to launch day. As with any large company, dealing with the bureaucracy can be frustrating at times.

There are newer employer reviews for Electronic Arts.

Worked for Electronic Arts? Contribute to the Community!