Electronic Arts
www.ea.com Redwood City, CA 5000+ Employees

Depends on the team you're with....

Project Manager (Current Employee)
Redwood Shores, CA

ProsEA has a lot of benefits that get overlooked, such as health care, a fair time-off-work system, legal assistance, in-house gym, day care, etc. Things that may be more important for an older employee than someone fresh out of college. The work hours are actually very reasonable, especially for a game studio, and you get at least a full week off for winter holidays. Although, the work hour issue and quality of life at the office is very dependent on the studio you are with at EA.

ConsThe projects they have going aren't too exciting and there's a lot of red tape that gets in the way of employees trying to initiate projects that are exciting to them (some of which are likely beneficial for the company as a whole). There's a lot of filters for important information, enough so that most people you encounter are very skeptical of EA's priorities and decisions.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop lying to the employees. It's frustrating to hear contradicting information because the senior level management wants to raise morale in a single speech. EA hires a lot of smart people. I truly believe if they are more open about company goals and issues with their employees, they can find some very creative and useful solutions proposed to them.

Great company to be in

Program Manager (Current Employee)
    Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Electronic Arts full-time for more than a year

Pros: - Always interesting work - Great people to work with Cons: - Inexperienced middle management - Bad reputation Advice to Senior Management: Build a culture for the entire company Rebuild the company's reputation… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Marketing Assistant contract position new department

Marketing Assistant (Former Employee)
    Orlando, FL

I worked at Electronic Arts as a contractor for less than a year

Pros: Great cultural, hardworking people, learned a ton Cons: Contract employees and difficult to get a full time salaried… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Electronic Arts.

Worked for Electronic Arts? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Electronic Arts reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Electronic Arts CEO Andrew Wilson. All reviews posted anonymously by Electronic Arts employees.