Electronic Arts
www.ea.com Redwood City, CA 5000+ Employees

A great learning experience, a less great earning experience

Designer II (Former Employee)
Salt Lake City, UT

ProsIntelligent processes for making a profit by making video games. There is a lot of talent and opportunities there, if you know where to find it.

ConsA few irregularities in staffing practices... A few bad apples can spoil the bunch. A large entity that is very concerned about bottom line that makes regular use of layoffs and project cancellations feels more like a machine than a family.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere have been a few irregularities in staffing practices... and a few bad apples can spoil the bunch. Despite investing in the development of employees, it seems like they could do better at retention. It is not helpful to make efforts to build loyalty if it is not mutual.

Depends on the team you're with....

Project Manager (Current Employee)
    Redwood Shores, CA

I have been working at Electronic Arts full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: EA has a lot of benefits that get overlooked, such as health care, a fair time-off-work system, legal assistance, in-house gym, day care, etc. Things… Cons: The projects they have going aren't too exciting and there's a lot of red tape that gets in the way of employees trying to initiate… Advice to Senior Management: Stop lying to the employees. It's frustrating to hear contradicting information because the senior level management wants to raise morale in a single speech. EA… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great company to be in

Program Manager (Current Employee)
    Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Electronic Arts full-time for more than a year

Pros: - Always interesting work - Great people to work with Cons: - Inexperienced middle management - Bad reputation Advice to Senior Management: Build a culture for the entire company Rebuild the company's reputation… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Electronic Arts.

Worked for Electronic Arts? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Electronic Arts reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Electronic Arts CEO Andrew Wilson. All reviews posted anonymously by Electronic Arts employees.