There are newer employer reviews for Electronic Arts

PR Intern

Former Employee - PR Intern  in  Redwood Shores, CA
Former Employee - PR Intern in Redwood Shores, CA

I worked at Electronic Arts as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Great managers, was given a ton of management and experience from day one, awesome culture, great perks (gym, caf), fast paced environment (aka never boring); internship program is awesome--University Relations works really hard to help the interns connect with the company execs and to make sure the interns get the most out of their internships

Cons

none. honestly. the people are friendly, bright, and great to be around. the environment is competitive but in a good way. i cannot think of one bad thing to say.

786 Other Employee Reviews for Electronic Arts (View Most Recent)

Bad management & company culture inherently ignores customer(s)

Former Employee - Lead Software Engineer  in  Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Lead Software Engineer in Austin, TX

I worked at Electronic Arts as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Technologically on par with the rest of the IT world. Opportunity to learn new technologies.

Cons

The company pretends to be concerned about customers and customer satisfaction. But they don't care a whole lot. They want your money for crappy games they produce and most of the games are franchise.

I got a very bad manager highly politcal would only step in to take credit for good work when things went sour he would just blame it on all his workers.

Try to see beyond political game of your managers if you want to survive in Video game industry.

Review from the past...

Former Employee - Software Engineer II  in  Redwood Shores, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer II in Redwood Shores, CA

I worked at Electronic Arts full-time for more than a year

Pros

I want to say the free lunch and dinners, but you know that is a total joke. A $15 meal to milk extra hours in the night from an entire team is truly genius. Granted some of the companies I have worked for don't even do that...

Cons

I started my career EA (2003). The working conditions have supposedly changed since I worked there after the class action suits. However, the same Executives and Managers that ran my team are still at this company. So, I can say this... the company is still being lead by some of the most unethical human beings I have met to this day. Surprisingly, some of the most friendliest people (not all). They'll chat, smile and laugh with you while you slowly bleed to death in the corner. When you die, they'll say they never knew you.

Perhaps I was unlucky with the team I ended up, but there are a few Executives that need to pause and take some perspective of the people around them. You know why EA gets bucketed with the Banks and the Oil companies? The one common thing is that these entities treat people like trash. People aren't game objects that have X #lives. Pause for a second and think of consequences of what you do, and appreciate that people can't "re-roll life."

To one of my managers.. if an employee respectfully asks to go home at 5am (promises to come back in before 10am) after he has completed his duties and no longer adds any value to the team, let him. Don't throw a temper tantrum over wanting everyone to pull in 36hrs straight as an act of solidarity. It's just plain disgraceful.

There are newer employer reviews for Electronic Arts

Worked for Electronic Arts? Contribute to the Community!