Electronic Arts
www.ea.com Redwood City, CA 5000+ Employees

Good working environment with great benefits and employee perks

Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Electronic Arts full-time for more than 5 years

ProsCompensation is commensurate with job expectations. Creativity and thinking outside the norm are encouraged. Strong benefits package and the Redwood Shores campus is very nice with onsite cafe and gym.

ConsGamer culture can get a little annoying if you aren't a hard core gamer yourself. There have been a number of reductions in force followed by employee growth followed by more cuts. It can get tiresome looking over your shoulder all the time.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop making expensive acquisitions and investing in trends that fizzle out, (Nintendo Wii, Facebook games) and stick to what the company does well and has a long term future.

Contractors Galore!

I have been working at Electronic Arts as a contractor for more than a year

Pros: Nice people to work with - there's creative types, gamer geeks and some genuinely cool people! Execs are mostly… Cons: Same old big company bureacracy, and boy... everyone is a contractor!… Advice to Senior Management: When you ask your middle-managers for advice, take it. And think about taking risks every once in a while, even… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Underpaid, undervalued

QA Analyst (Former Employee)
Orlando, FL

I worked at Electronic Arts full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Working in video games and sports is a positive if you… Cons: Pay is terrible, long hours. Took the experience I had gained at EA and took it… Advice to Senior Management: Quit promoting yes men who don't know the industry No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Electronic Arts.

Worked for Electronic Arts? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Electronic Arts reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Electronic Arts CEO Andrew Wilson. All reviews posted anonymously by Electronic Arts employees.