Electronic Arts

There are newer employer reviews for Electronic Arts

My Dream Job, Best Job I EVER Had

Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Redwood City, CA
Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Electronic Arts full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I worked for EA for 5 years. I'd still be there if they hadn't outsourced my position. It was my dream job and it was was everything I could have ever wanted it to be and then some. I worked my tail off but seeing advertisements for products on TV and being able to play those products first hand was VERY motivating.

Cons

The company likes to outsource to pad the bottom dollar line which is a shame. Across the planet, EA employees everywhere are some of the most skilled and dedicated people Ive ever had the pleasure of working with. Offshorer's dont care and they cause quality to suffer.

Getting rid of John Riccitello was a great first step. Step 2, TAP BACK INTO EMPLOYEE OWNERSHIP AND BUY IN BY STOPPING THE OFFSHORING OF JOBS!! Clone Larry Probst and keep the guy as CEO!!

856 Other Employee Reviews for Electronic Arts (View Most Recent)

Fairly good stability for the game industry.

Former Employee - Assistant Designer in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Assistant Designer in Orlando, FL

I worked at Electronic Arts full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The benefits are good, and I got more vacation time and paid holidays than most other people I know. The culture was fun, and I enjoyed the game I was working on.

Cons

The salary is lower than what you would get at most other places with the same experience and responsibility. The culture and bonuses will vary based on the game team you are associated with. Some teams will have to deal with much more stress than others.

Also, even though the benefits are very good, they are significantly scaled down from what they were a few years ago. They no longer offer sabbatical, and some of the smaller benefits were eliminated entirely.

I worked with a variety of managers while there and some were better than others. The best managers I had were the ones that would focus on the people they were managing and doing everything possible to allow them to do their job.

Terrible company, shoddy business practice

Former Employee - Game Designer in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Game Designer in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Electronic Arts part-time (more than a year)

Pros

The pay is okay for such a hard industry

Cons

You are always pressured on project and it's a revolving door of employees

change it