Electronic Arts

There are newer employer reviews for Electronic Arts

Fun place to work at

Current Employee - Software Engineer I in Redwood City, CA
Current Employee - Software Engineer I in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Electronic Arts full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great culture and overall a fun place to work at.

Cons

Upper management sometimes seem to shoot from the hip.

871 Other Employee Reviews for Electronic Arts (View Most Recent)

Your experience really depends on what team/studio you work for

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Redwood Shores, CA
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Redwood Shores, CA

I worked at Electronic Arts as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

I worked on the Sims 3 expansion pack team at Redwood Shores. One of the nicest and most competent groups of people that you could ever hope to work with. Really welcoming to women, unlike many game teams. Super fun group with a great culture.

Crunch-time was pretty minimal compared to a lot of companies.

Cons

They routinely hire people on contracts, but they often don't have headcount available to convert them to full-time employees when the contract is up, no matter how talented or well-liked the person may be.

Promotions really depend on what team you worked on. Even though the Sims 3 games were big money makers, promotions were often hard to come by on that team.

People who worked on other teams or in different studios have told me that their experience was much different than mine.

Try to reevaluate the promotion structure. A lot of smaller companies will offer big promotions to lure people away from EA. Make sure you are rewarding the people who make you money.

A big Company with a very deep bench working in the future of interactive entertainment

Current Employee - Producer
    Current Employee - Producer

I have been working at Electronic Arts full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

there are many smart people and massive resources internal and external to reach your potential and make your mark. Every studio has standard tech-company perks, coffee shops, cereal, ball pit, parties, concierge (car wash, haircut, dry cleaning, etc)

Cons

Sadly, with size comes bureaucracy, you need to be comfortable with making change in your area not the entire company. While you generally have the empowerment to change you're work, the rest of the company won't follow you and for some folks that can be frustrating.

Time to keep up the push for change, the industry is shifting and we may not be reacting fact enough, R&D groups and a few "moon shots" wouldn't hurt.

There are newer employer reviews for Electronic Arts