There are newer employer reviews for Electronic Arts

Awesome superiors and a lot of fun!

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Electronic Arts as a contractor

Pros

The experience was an overall rewarding one. I learned so much about the art of PR- not necessarily the down and dirty media pitching and organization, but definitely the importance of great messaging and content.

Cons

The commute from the city was a piece of work. Also if you're not in love with video games, don't bother.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Great team but mediocre executives with lackluster decision making skills

I worked at Electronic Arts full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

My team was great and my boss was awesome - she was highly motivated to keep her star players happy and growing within the company

Cons

execs specialize at steam-rolling current plans with unrealistic asks at the 11th hour. management at the top is so disconnected from the leads on each business - the result is working very late hours and feeling deflated that all of your work meant nothing if someone more senior is just going to change it all in the end anyway

Advice to Management

have 1:1s with key leaders from the director level down in order to get a better sense of the business and day-to-day

Great place to contract, but don't expect it to last.

I have been working at Electronic Arts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Beautiful campus. It pays pretty well, and if you're into gaming it's one of the big guns. There's also a lot of chances to broaden your skills and take on new tasks and challenges. I had two great managers that helped me develop, but didn't micro manage me. The people are also great and the culture is very young, friendly, and fast paced.

Cons

The real downside is that about 2/3 of the employees (including me) are hired as contractors and can only work one year before leaving for three months. There's no guarantee that the same job will be available later. Because of this, nobody's really invested in long-term change. The result is that it takes a long time to get hired, your team and job is constantly changing, and by the time you get a handle on it, it's time to start looking for your next gig.

Advice to Management

Working for EA is a great experience and I worked with a ton of really talented people (almost none of them still work at EA). I know there must be financial reasons for the contractor thing, but in the long term, it is damaging the company to have a majority of employees who aren't invested in your future.