There are newer employer reviews for Electronic Arts

Six Good Years at EA

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Redwood City, CA
Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Electronic Arts full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Working with some of the strongest software in the video games industry was an absolute pleasure. After departing for business school after six years in marketing and sales, I cannot say enough about the atmosphere and enthusiasm that EA has developed.

Cons

Many that I worked with expressed a sense of disenfranchisement resulting from a decision making process driven by mid-upper management.

Empower those that are closest to the information to make the decisions

reviews filtered by

Great first-time experience at a company of this size.

Former Employee - Senior Artist in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Artist in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Electronic Arts full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great competitive salary. Great boss, gave me a lot of freedom and independence. Great company perks both within and outside the office. Consistent and steady workload, never had to take work home. Allowed for great life balance.

Cons

Opportunities of advancement or learning other skill sets were difficult to find. Frequent company reorganization often caused stress and confusion.

I imagine it's very difficult to manage a company of this size with so many employees so I'm not really sure what kind of advice one individual can give. I guess the best advice would be for higher ups to properly delegate their work to those on their team, and take the time to hire strong, reliable, organized staff.

Stable employment for the games industry.

Current Employee - Technical Artist II
    Current Employee - Technical Artist II

I have been working at Electronic Arts full-time (more than a year)

Pros

A huge company with multiple long running franchises enables EA to provide good compensation in a relatively stable environment and more opportunity than most for movement within the company.
    Loads of cutting edge tech and talent.

Cons

Pumping out AAA titles on a yearly basis after roughly 20 cycles has created an effect on the development process equivalent to the inbred creatures of The Hills Have Eyes.
    Different departments / business units have very divergent goals resulting in slow or no cross departmental collaboration, even when working on the same title or feature.

EA is in need of a major business organization.

There are newer employer reviews for Electronic Arts