Electronic Arts

www.ea.com
There are newer employer reviews for Electronic Arts

Excellent career opportunities, great culture

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Electronic Arts full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

A very entrepreneurial culture where you can make a lot of your own opportunities and really stretch yourself, and the company is really driving new creative programs. Everyone who works here is extremely passionate about games and it's a very creative group of people. Everyone is encouraged to be themselves and speak up if they have ideas or opinions. Nice perks as well.

Cons

Teams can be very focused in on their own work and not as willing to collaborate across teams to make things happen.

857 Other Employee Reviews for Electronic Arts (View Most Recent)

EA set my standard for teamwork and professional growth

Former Employee - Senior, Director of Product Development in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Senior, Director of Product Development in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Electronic Arts full-time

Pros

The game teams are professionals. People are truly there to build great games. Through my many years there, I feel supported by my managers and my peers. Over time, I learned not only how to build great, high caliber games but how to work with different people with different personalities, opinions and skills. I also loved the onsite gym. There is onsite daycare. Benefits are great.

Cons

It's a big company. You have to be OK with that. Sometimes the bureaucracy can get to you. Team sizes can get very large which is fine for some, not OK for others.

Very well-taken care of

Current Employee - Audio Director
    Current Employee - Audio Director

I have been working at Electronic Arts full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent compensation and recognition of hard work. Surprisingly tight relationships and productive collaboration across studios despite the size of the company. A huge amount of support and resources available with an enormous mind-share of any topic you're involved in. Very supportive of LGBT employees and causes. Everyone is highly committed to making the best games and making players happy, despite our reputation. The amount of support for RIF'd employees is amazing.

Cons

Corporate hand-wringing and nonsense decisions to make shareholders happy still exists, and it can be extremely frustrating at times. It seems to make the company a little too risk-averse and I think we sometimes miss opportunities because of it.

Show more patience with the free-to-play market and don't be in such a hurry to tear down the walls if results aren't immediately apparent.

There are newer employer reviews for Electronic Arts