Program Manager

I have been working at Electronic Arts

Pros

Fun company, encourages employees to take time and get to know company products (i.e. it's ok to play games on company time to get to know the product), year-end holiday party is absolutely a blast, CEO and his directs hold quartertly town hall meetings and you get a chance to ask any question

Cons

No meaningful process in place to deal with bad leaders (work for a manager who routinely disparages others, makes inappropriate sexually themed jokes, and bullies suborindates)

Consider creating an ombudsman role and having it report directly to the CEO

Other Reviews for Electronic Arts

Great atmosphere, great people, pay under industry standard

Current Employee - Senior QA Tester  in  Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Senior QA Tester in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Electronic Arts full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Benefits, benefits, BENEFITS !! Long list of benefits, tons of options, great prices, plus lots of extra discounts around Orlando. Meeting superstars and having them be in awe of what you do is awesome.

Cons

Long hours during crunch time. Pay is below industry standard until you make it near the top, then the pay is inflated. Huge gap in pay which is visible by looking in the parking garage.

Industry standard pay would be nice. I understand it's easier to find employees in the digital entertainment hotbed that is Orlando, but it's still a little ridiculous.

EA set my standard for teamwork and professional growth

Former Employee - Senior, Director of Product Development  in  Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Senior, Director of Product Development in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Electronic Arts full-time

Pros

The game teams are professionals. People are truly there to build great games. Through my many years there, I feel supported by my managers and my peers. Over time, I learned not only how to build great, high caliber games but how to work with different people with different personalities, opinions and skills. I also loved the onsite gym. There is onsite daycare. Benefits are great.

Cons

It's a big company. You have to be OK with that. Sometimes the bureaucracy can get to you. Team sizes can get very large which is fine for some, not OK for others.

There are newer employer reviews for Electronic Arts.

Worked for Electronic Arts? Contribute to the Community!