Electronic Arts
www.ea.com Redwood City, CA 5000+ Employees

Work experience at EA

Software Engineer III (Current Employee)
Redwood City, CA

ProsGet to work on games, what more one can ask for. Your work is very appreciated by your peers and management. Plenty of time given for time offs and a sabbatical of 7 weeks after 7 years. They have good benefits like ESPP, 401k, FSA, HSA, free 24 hour gym, free blu-ray/dvd borrowing. They also have flexible hours which is very much appreciated.

ConsBig projects have long crunch mode. It can last for 4-6 months and your work life balance get. If you get stuck with a wrong manager you don't get promoted even if you deserve it. The compensation is not as much as the competition. 25% of workforce is Laid off in last 14 months so environment is kind of insecure.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive appropriate retention incentives to people working for EA. I think the incentives are very much skewed for senior people and the people in the middle are not getting enough share of the pie.

Video Games, Sports, and Crunch.

Software Engineer III (Current Employee)
    Orlando, FL

I have been working at Electronic Arts

Pros: EA Tiburon is a great place to work if you love video games and sports. I have a lot of friends who are software engineers… Cons: In a word - crunch. I've been in the game industry for over ten years, and even though things are generally better now than they… Advice to Senior Management: At Tiburon there's sometimes too much focus on pretty tech and feature bullet point lists.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

The People at the Top Wield All the Power

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Sandy, UT

I worked at Electronic Arts

Pros: Name recognition, EA is a huge company so obviously other companies notice. But of course this also means you're planning on getting fired… Cons: Pay is horrible. I was getting about 30% what somebody doing my exact job in non-game industry job would make, doing the same darn thing.… Advice to Senior Management: First of all, some warning that we'd all be canned would be nice. Up until the last week it was just "Keep working hard and… More
There are newer reviews on Electronic Arts.

Worked for Electronic Arts? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Electronic Arts reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Electronic Arts CEO Andrew Wilson. All reviews posted anonymously by Electronic Arts employees.