Electronic Arts

There are newer employer reviews for Electronic Arts

Great company and employees

Former Employee - QA Tester in Redwood City, CA
Former Employee - QA Tester in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Electronic Arts part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Compensation is great. It's working with employees that want to be there and the pay is good. EA also has a strong benefits package. Lot's of inspiring and resonable people to work with. Creativity is encouraged within the comapny which was a huge plus for me.

Cons

Not many cons other maybe having to deal with the gamer culture. Other than that I can't think of many cons.

Keep doing what your doing.

832 Other Employee Reviews for Electronic Arts (View Most Recent)

Excellent culture, challenging assignments.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Electronic Arts full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I spent a long time working with video game studios at EA. The individuals in the studios were some of the most brilliant, creative, awesome people I have ever met. The culture of the studios I worked for was always stressful, but incredibly supportive. They expect you to manage your own career and be proactive about taking on challenging assignments, and when you do they genuinely support you. While I had a lot of manager turnover, almost all of my managers were incredibly effective and capable of building strong relationships.

Benefits were outstanding and pay was at my expectation. I seldom had concerns with the facilities, technology, etc. It's a great surrounding.

Cons

The industry is really tough. There were frequent layoffs due to the immediate lack of success of an individual game and/or not having work after a game launch. It seemed like you were constantly wondering when the next one would happen. This is industry wide, but EA certainly had this issue.

The culture can get aggressive. It's nice to not have to worry if there are back door maneuvering, but the 'frankness' of the EA culture leads to in-your-face aggression.

One of the few concerns I had with facilities was that the environment was a bit dated and the bathrooms at HQ are disgusting to sight and smell.

Obviously this is hard, but create long term business strategy that accounts for the chaotic nature of this industry. It can't be impossible! The constant fear that missing an objective means you lose a % of your team is the single biggest issue on the dev teams (imo).

EA Rocks

I have been working at Electronic Arts full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Lot of talent people thee.

Cons

long hours, for little pay!

I miss the Trip and Larry Probst days