There are newer employer reviews for Electronic Data Systems

Socially irresponsible. The off-shoring tactics of EDS are helping this recession turn into a possible depression.

Current Employee - Senior Systems Administrator in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Senior Systems Administrator in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Electronic Data Systems

Pros

Peers are solid. Pretty much every person I worked with was very professional and knowledgeable. The benefts started out as OK and slowly got worse over time (like every other company probably). Really the only reason to work for EDS is for a paycheck.

Cons

There is no future at this place. They have massive layoffs constantly and are off-shoring everything under the sun. Basically they are draining money right of the United States into foreign countries. There were many things they could have done to protect their employees even with the off-shoring but they chose to do none of the. I believe the upper managers the lowest quality leaders and the middle management just as bad. The bottom managers are decent leaders but many of them are clueless. I was unable to tell how some of them had their jobs but they still did. I'm guessing because of the poor middle management decision making.

Advice to Management

Like a single one will read this lol. You might want to try being a little more socially responsible. My entire team got laid off after training some off-shore guys to take over our jobs. We did an excellent job for EDS and our reward was a zero notice pink slip. The term you use for off shoring (Best shore) is extremely insulting to the U.S. personnel so you may want to take another look at that one. There are plenty of strategies you can use to reward your better performing employees and still off-shore your labor.

Again though. Not a single one of them will even read this let alone take any of it to heart.

reviews filtered by
  1. EDS- An evolving company and great place to get corporate america experience.

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Plano, TX

I have been working at Electronic Data Systems

Pros

Treated as a professional. I'm treated with respect and valued from day 1. Decent benefits and pay structure. There are a lot of systems in place to help employees with many aspects of work, benefits, life, etc.

Cons

Very long hours during peak times. Hard to balance work/life during certain periods. Expectations during crunch times are high.

Advice to Management

Continued training and feedback to make sure employees are on track to meet goals.

Survivor mode = outlast WFR actions

Current Employee - Infrastructure Specialist in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Infrastructure Specialist in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Electronic Data Systems

Pros

There are opportunities to move to another group to broaden scope of experience.

Cons

The challenge today is the anxiety and apprehension of whether or not you will survive to see another week of employment. All due to the acquisition by HP and the increasing drive to offshore the basic jobs to India and Argentina. Unfortunately, we are seeing alot of work coming back that is either wrong or the 'Best Shore' folks state they do not know how to do. The people that are getting hired are quite personable, if sometimes difficult to understand on conferendce calls, but they are not trained to do the jobs for which they are hired and so we keep having to carry the load. Clients are not happy and yet there is not follow through on the intangible costs of all this rework.

Cost cutting just for the sake of improving the company balance sheet is insane and that is what appears to be happening.

Advice to Management

Actually talk to the front line managers to understand that just because you want them to meet cost reduction targets by WFR there is a consequence for doing it and it will directly impact the clients no matter that you like to say it will not.l

There are newer employer reviews for Electronic Data Systems