Electronic Data Systems

www.eds.com
There are newer employer reviews for Electronic Data Systems

Socially irresponsible. The off-shoring tactics of EDS are helping this recession turn into a possible depression.

Current Employee - Senior Systems Administrator in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Senior Systems Administrator in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Electronic Data Systems

Pros

Peers are solid. Pretty much every person I worked with was very professional and knowledgeable. The benefts started out as OK and slowly got worse over time (like every other company probably). Really the only reason to work for EDS is for a paycheck.

Cons

There is no future at this place. They have massive layoffs constantly and are off-shoring everything under the sun. Basically they are draining money right of the United States into foreign countries. There were many things they could have done to protect their employees even with the off-shoring but they chose to do none of the. I believe the upper managers the lowest quality leaders and the middle management just as bad. The bottom managers are decent leaders but many of them are clueless. I was unable to tell how some of them had their jobs but they still did. I'm guessing because of the poor middle management decision making.

Like a single one will read this lol. You might want to try being a little more socially responsible. My entire team got laid off after training some off-shore guys to take over our jobs. We did an excellent job for EDS and our reward was a zero notice pink slip. The term you use for off shoring (Best shore) is extremely insulting to the U.S. personnel so you may want to take another look at that one. There are plenty of strategies you can use to reward your better performing employees and still off-shore your labor.

Again though. Not a single one of them will even read this let alone take any of it to heart.

654 Other Employee Reviews for Electronic Data Systems (View Most Recent)

Survivor mode = outlast WFR actions

Current Employee - Infrastructure Specialist in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Infrastructure Specialist in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Electronic Data Systems

Pros

There are opportunities to move to another group to broaden scope of experience.

Cons

The challenge today is the anxiety and apprehension of whether or not you will survive to see another week of employment. All due to the acquisition by HP and the increasing drive to offshore the basic jobs to India and Argentina. Unfortunately, we are seeing alot of work coming back that is either wrong or the 'Best Shore' folks state they do not know how to do. The people that are getting hired are quite personable, if sometimes difficult to understand on conferendce calls, but they are not trained to do the jobs for which they are hired and so we keep having to carry the load. Clients are not happy and yet there is not follow through on the intangible costs of all this rework.

Cost cutting just for the sake of improving the company balance sheet is insane and that is what appears to be happening.

Actually talk to the front line managers to understand that just because you want them to meet cost reduction targets by WFR there is a consequence for doing it and it will directly impact the clients no matter that you like to say it will not.l

On Wings of Eagles (or Turkeys)...EDS in need of a Ross Perot rescue mission...

Current Employee - Advanced Systems Analyst in South Florida, FL
    Current Employee - Advanced Systems Analyst in South Florida, FL

I have been working at Electronic Data Systems

Pros

i can only speak from the technical side of this company, not sales or any other division. it is my assumption, since EDS is a global company serving a global marketplace, that opportunities would be bountiful. however, it seems that there is a big push to consolodate many of the operational groups that were scattered around. i would still tell anyone who asked, that this could be the best reason to work here, that you could possibly find work in many major areas of the US, or even anywhere in the world, if you were interested in travel or working in some exotic locale.

Cons

lately it seems that there are nothing but downsides in the EDS workplace. i believe weve had 3 or 4 CEO's in as many years? with each new leadership change, comes a new or recycled philosophy in how employees are treated. 1 year there will be forced performance rankings, the next CEO abolishes the practice, the next one reinstates it, and round and round we go. throw into the mix the wage and bonus freeze over the past few years, the slow erosion of performance rewards and incentives and most recently the complete lack of spending at all, cant even get basic office supplies sent to me out in the field. yes, i currently work on a large EDS account, that has begun to close and phase out, (account was lost to IBM), but there are still hundreds of EDS people working on the account every day, and every day that goes by we feel more and more like the unwanted step-children.

it has been people like me and all my top performing peers, working for you the past 10 years, that have made you shine to your senior leadership. it seems you have forgotten that. go out and visit in person, as many of your team as you can and let them know you still have their back and they still have your appreciative support (if in fact you do and they do)

There are newer employer reviews for Electronic Data Systems