There are newer employer reviews for Electronic Data Systems

Socially irresponsible. The off-shoring tactics of EDS are helping this recession turn into a possible depression.

Current Employee - Senior Systems Administrator in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Senior Systems Administrator in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Electronic Data Systems

Pros

Peers are solid. Pretty much every person I worked with was very professional and knowledgeable. The benefts started out as OK and slowly got worse over time (like every other company probably). Really the only reason to work for EDS is for a paycheck.

Cons

There is no future at this place. They have massive layoffs constantly and are off-shoring everything under the sun. Basically they are draining money right of the United States into foreign countries. There were many things they could have done to protect their employees even with the off-shoring but they chose to do none of the. I believe the upper managers the lowest quality leaders and the middle management just as bad. The bottom managers are decent leaders but many of them are clueless. I was unable to tell how some of them had their jobs but they still did. I'm guessing because of the poor middle management decision making.

Advice to Management

Like a single one will read this lol. You might want to try being a little more socially responsible. My entire team got laid off after training some off-shore guys to take over our jobs. We did an excellent job for EDS and our reward was a zero notice pink slip. The term you use for off shoring (Best shore) is extremely insulting to the U.S. personnel so you may want to take another look at that one. There are plenty of strategies you can use to reward your better performing employees and still off-shore your labor. Again though. Not a single one of them will even read this let alone take any of it to heart.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. EDS is an ok place to work

Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Electronic Data Systems

Pros

One can take the opportunity to do independent training that can be used to advance to other opportunities. If you like to travel there are many opportunities within the organization.

Cons

they are best-shoring many jobs and asking the 'replaced' person to train them.

Advice to Management

More communication is needed. There are too many management layers within the company

2. Ups and Downs of EDS

Current Employee - Telecom Analyst in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Telecom Analyst in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Electronic Data Systems

Pros

I was fairly compensated at EDS.

Cons

Headquarters in Plano, TX is the sole focus. Other locations are easily forgotten until something goes wrong. Satelite locations rarely see their leadership. The manager comes three times a year. Anyone higher than the manager is typicallly not seen. Headquarter should learn to distribute email updates to the departments that required that information. Sending out blanket emails to the whole company that only applies to certain departments is not a good use of employee's time.

Advice to Management

Remember employees working outside of Plano. Reduce your excessively high wages to allow for better compensation for employees and to buy supplies.