There are newer employer reviews for Electronic Data Systems

All things considered, potential to be great if you have the will to get through current climate

Current Employee - Manager in Plano, TX
Current Employee - Manager in Plano, TX

I have been working at Electronic Data Systems

Pros

Great learning and development opportunities, but you mostly have to direct your own development, due to the tremendous wealth of experts throughout the organization.

Working at a market leader provides access to ideas and capabilities you won't get in smaller organizations.

Cons

Difficult being the acquired company, but that is what it is and is to be expected in the near term, when two large organizations come together.

Learning to do things the HP Way is not always "new" (aside from new terminology) but you may feel like your experience is not valued as highly as it could be when interacting with your new HP bosses.

Advice to Management

Keep moving fast and lets us know when we are past the most difficult parts of becoming HP

reviews filtered by

Senior leadership doesn't care about their employees

Current Employee - Business Services Analyst
    Current Employee - Business Services Analyst

I have been working at Electronic Data Systems

Pros

In its heyday, job opportunities were good. Now, so many jobs have been cut that there are very few opportunities.

Cons

They've cut some many people that everyone left is overworked, and cannot perform their jobs well due to lack of time. Also, we live in fear of the unrelenting job cuts. This caused lack of motivation and even depression.

Too many jobs are being shipped overseas in a "best shore" effort. It would be nice if the USA was considered the "best shore" as it was in the past. Our helpdesks, and those we provide for our customer, are based in India, and are little more than a call routing service. They are mockingly referred to as the Helpless Desks. They cannot solve anything more then the most trivial problems. Everything else is referred to second level support, which takes days for resolution.

Advice to Management

Value your employees more, and give them a chance for a personal life. Also, quit cutting pay...costs are increasing and we shouldn't have to struggle to make ends meet.

2. EDS is now a HP company.

Current Employee - Managing Consultant in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Managing Consultant in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Electronic Data Systems

Pros

Challenging (you sometimes have the opportunity to sink or swim on a project), opportunity to advance your career (you can be a hero if you can swim).

Cons

Constantly re-organizing (I had 6 managers in one 2 year period), getting lost in the shuffle because of their size (I went 3.5 years one time without a salary increase), beaurocratic (lots of layers and processes), difficult to locate a specific group or service for a customer.

Advice to Management

Develop a plan and stick to it for more than a year. In their desire to chase the Industry and secure business, executives are processed through a revolving door and companies are purchased.