All things considered, potential to be great if you have the will to get through current climate

Current Employee - Manager  in  Plano, TX
Current Employee - Manager in Plano, TX

I have been working at Electronic Data Systems

Pros

Great learning and development opportunities, but you mostly have to direct your own development, due to the tremendous wealth of experts throughout the organization.

Working at a market leader provides access to ideas and capabilities you won't get in smaller organizations.

Cons

Difficult being the acquired company, but that is what it is and is to be expected in the near term, when two large organizations come together.

Learning to do things the HP Way is not always "new" (aside from new terminology) but you may feel like your experience is not valued as highly as it could be when interacting with your new HP bosses.

Keep moving fast and lets us know when we are past the most difficult parts of becoming HP

Other Reviews for Electronic Data Systems

EDS used to be a great place to work

Current Employee - Service Delivery Manager  in  Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Service Delivery Manager in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Electronic Data Systems

Pros

There are some "old school" EDSers that are trying to keep the old EDS spirit alive. This includes very personable interactions with management, taking care of people, just being a good place to grow and work.

Cons

The folks that are left with the "old EDS" mentality are few and far between. The ones that are left struggle to do small things such as lunch out, trinkets, or any form of recognition since it has all been shut down. Overall compensation is flat and advancement opportunity minimal.

Pay Attention to your employees. Not Managers that tell you what you want to hear.

EDS used to be great... HP is destroying us.

Current Employee - Infrastructure Specialist  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Infrastructure Specialist in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Electronic Data Systems

Pros

The people I work with a are great, my job is challening and I enjoy what I do. My direct management is very flexiable with my scheduling and allows work from home when needed. This is a big positive in my book. There are not many positives now though since HP came in.

Cons

EDS used to be a great place to work before the merger with HP. Since that time HP has been coming coming through with an axe and chopping EDS apart. It is not the same place it was when I joined 12 years ago, or even 1 year ago. The first big downside is HP came in and cut everyones base salary by 5%. Even though the company reported a profit. To pour salt in that wound all US based EDS employees got an addtional 10% pay cut. Again even though EDS is making a healthy profit. This has put quite a hardship on my personal finances as my salary is my total compensation. And my moral and drive to give 100 and even 110% effort is in the tank. HP touts is it a pay for performance company but nowhere is my compensation plan does it state what goals I need to meet. I am in a billable, client facing role and work my butt off nights and weekends and I am not holding my breath on getting any type of performance bonus to make up for the paycuts.

Remeber the little guys, the ones out in front of clients eveyday, the ones who do all the real work for the company which allows you to get your healthy bonus and stock options. I have no issue with large executive bonus, but it is a slap in the face when my total compensation gets cut by 15% and you still get ungodly amounts of money in your pockets.

There are newer employer reviews for Electronic Data Systems.

Worked for Electronic Data Systems? Contribute to the Community!