There are newer employer reviews for Electronic Data Systems

Great place to work. Wonderful people, good pay.

Former Employee - Site Support in Tulsa, OK
Former Employee - Site Support in Tulsa, OK

I worked at Electronic Data Systems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

EDS took a chance on someone who was new to the IT field, and they treated me well. I learned so much about datacenters and how physical security should be run while I was there. The people there were very helpful and understanding when it came to a new guy who was still learning his way.

Cons

Unfortunately, sometimes management was not approachable. Not my immediate boss, he was actually very approachable, but upper management. When I expressed my need to move forward with my career, it was met with an attitude that it was not important.

When someone is looking to move forward with their career, advancing themselves, they may be a valuable asset to you. Keep this in mind when an employee approaches you about wanting to move forward and do more.

646 Other Employee Reviews for Electronic Data Systems (View Most Recent)

Good Company overall to work for

Former Employee - Communications Engineer in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Communications Engineer in Detroit, MI

I worked at Electronic Data Systems full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

They believe in an open door policy. Employees are allowed to express themselves to at least 2 higher level of Management without ever worring that what ever you discuss will not be used against you.

Cons

Management? It can be a bumppy road. I've had great leader's, and then well I often wonder how did some of the leader's ever get into Management?

For being a Company that strongly talks about pay for performance, it's not fair to employees who busts thier butt's and gives thier all 7/24 and yet they are told when there performance reviews are done, that they still need to improve in other area's and then are required to sign off on them knowing they will not see additional funding in thier pay check. 24 to 36 months is to long between any type of cash increase.

Great People...Too Much Overhead

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Plano, TX

I worked at Electronic Data Systems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great People... Too Much Overhead

Cons

Too Much Overhead - No real experts

Change Approach to Contracting and Client Deployment