There are newer employer reviews for Electronic Data Systems

EDS where the customer does not come first.

Former Employee - Performance Engineer in Tulsa, OK
Former Employee - Performance Engineer in Tulsa, OK

I worked at Electronic Data Systems

Pros

Working at EDS is better than Welfare.

Cons

Layoffs every quarter (literally) In the past 7 years that I have worked for EDS ther have been 24 layoffs. If your called back you have to take a 35% paycut if you accept. US Jobs are moving to Argentina and India as fast as possible. EDS contines to cut services to their customers who are paying for services because they do not have the manpower due to constant layoffs. Health benefits continue to deteriorate. Where we used to have a copay now there is a $1000.00 deductable to satisfy before the company pays anything. Its hard to take pride in your work anymore. You have to just get it done, no time to double check anything because there is so much work to do, just get it done and move on to the next issue.

I would be interested to know what Senior Management thinks is the reason more and more customers are suing EDS. They need to start caring about the customer and not only the bottom line.

reviews filtered by
  1. Turn out the lights...

Former Employee - Manager in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Manager in Plano, TX

I worked at Electronic Data Systems

Pros

Good people on the team; benefits are OK, at least for now before becoming same HP. I enjoyed working for my team and felt I was supported by first-line managers. Also enjoyed working with teams on a global basis.

Cons

The problem was with upper management. Most acquisitions are not good for the rank and file and it's annoying when management tries to pretend all will be better, more opportunity, etc. Why pretend? HP has ruined the company. The first 5% salary cut was hard, but at least it was across all of HP and EDS. The extra 10% cut in April was only on EDS in the US--not fair and did not stop the layoffs. Most people were livid, but had little choice because of the bad economy. As soon as times are better, those few left will also hit the road.

None to give-it's over.

2. EDS used to be a great place to work

Current Employee - Service Delivery Manager in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Service Delivery Manager in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Electronic Data Systems

Pros

There are some "old school" EDSers that are trying to keep the old EDS spirit alive. This includes very personable interactions with management, taking care of people, just being a good place to grow and work.

Cons

The folks that are left with the "old EDS" mentality are few and far between. The ones that are left struggle to do small things such as lunch out, trinkets, or any form of recognition since it has all been shut down. Overall compensation is flat and advancement opportunity minimal.

Pay Attention to your employees. Not Managers that tell you what you want to hear.

There are newer employer reviews for Electronic Data Systems