Electronic Data Systems

It is a clique

Former Employee - Information Architect in Plano, TX
Former Employee - Information Architect in Plano, TX

I worked at Electronic Data Systems

Pros

They do have some good opportunities to learning new technologies and skills. Requesting days off were very easily accommodated. Benefits were pretty standard.

Cons

Very poor management and supervision. It reminds me of the cliques that were in high school. If you are not in the clique then you are outside. Personally witnessed several cases of favoritism and others claiming credit for work they did not perform. Supervision does not listen well to their employees in several cases I have witnessed.

Management and superivision needs to take a strong look at how they conduct themselves. They should not show favoritism and they should listen to their employees. They need to remove the cliques that are rampant.

650 Other Employee Reviews for Electronic Data Systems (View Most Recent)

Top talent will always leave when you threaten cuts, and arbitrarily decrease pay

Current Employee - Senior Information Specialist in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Information Specialist in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Electronic Data Systems

Pros

At this point I'm not sure I can articulate any reason that I would consider best. I suppose it still looks respectable on the resume. I do enjoy most of the collegues I have had, but most of the top talent has left (including myself at the end of the month, I wish it was part of the HP Work force reduction so I could receive a severance).

Cons

They are to many to list. Poor leadership, nepotism, not involving the technical architects who actually know how to implement production business early enough in the process. %5 pay cut, then 10% pay cut, it's rediculous.

It's not your lack luster performers that leave when you cut pay, it's the top talent. This causes a vicious cycle that leads accounts to fail to exceed client expections. Which inevitable leads them to take their business elsewhere.

Watch out US EDS employees...

Current Employee - Tech Lead in Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Tech Lead in Troy, MI

I have been working at Electronic Data Systems

Pros

Working with sharp technical people, nice benefits, fairly stable job.

Cons

Takes forever and a day to get decisions made, really to get anything done. Too much bureaucracy. A good ol' boys club at the top. Can't get ahead no matter how good you are. You have to leave and come back to get anywhere - so they say anyway. HP merger treating EDS US employess like numbers/statistics; laying off and cutting pay with no regard to how valuable an individual employee may be.

Senior management probably wouldn't listen or it would get lost in the shuffle, so I'd save my breath.

There are newer employer reviews for Electronic Data Systems