Electronic Data Systems

www.eds.com
There are newer employer reviews for Electronic Data Systems

Not the outsourcing giant it used to be.

Current Employee - Infrastructure Specialist in Telford, England (UK)
Current Employee - Infrastructure Specialist in Telford, England (UK)

I have been working at Electronic Data Systems

Pros

Money can be ok if you get in on a decent salary.

Cons

Management is terrible. Internal jobs opportunities are poor and often filled before they're advertised.

Get your act together and get some training on how to actually manage things.

654 Other Employee Reviews for Electronic Data Systems (View Most Recent)

Nice place if you'd like to 'disappear for a while'

Current Employee - Infrastructure Specialist in Birmingham, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Infrastructure Specialist in Birmingham, England (UK)

I have been working at Electronic Data Systems

Pros

It's a very large company and there are (were) a number of very large blue chip clients which are serviced by EDS and look very impressive on the C.V. There are a number of sites to work from and travel to client sites isn't always necessary. There are a number of interactive and remote working tools which allow the job to be done independently if geography.

Cons

Can be very bureaucratic to work there, with days of forms to fill in, many hoops to jump through to even get simple office stationary ordered. Sudden expenditure restrictions which strangle the business to such a degree that even everyday tasks are impossible to do. In such instances EDS starts to 'freewheel', with employees 'grinning and bearing' and forced to work in a restrictive way which prevents them working to their best.

Unfortunately this is more and more frequent in recent years and despite the recent good financial returns posted, no benefits have filtered down to most employees.

When continually balancing spreadsheets take a moment to consider the common employee. Those who need to deal with the twists, turns, and obstacles you are continually throwing in their paths. Take a moment to reconsider the whole before sending out that email to all telling them to 'tighten belts'. Flowery free flowing rhetoric can still be empty and hollow if it's oft repeated.

Looking forward to HP

Current Employee - Service Support in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Service Support in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

I have been working at Electronic Data Systems

Pros

I struggle to say anything good.
    Although for historic reason I am relatively well paid compared with others, for what I do.

Cons

Lack of leadership. Lack of empowerment. Teflon shoulders of many spreading throughout.
    When I go home at night I struggle to recall anything I might have achieved all day.
    Ban on travel means no networking with colleagues or customers.
    Account Leader telephone conferences paint a rosy picture that is not born out in reality.

I am staggered to say that I do not know who my senior management are. Finding out who they are would be a start.

There are newer employer reviews for Electronic Data Systems